Digital TV News: TV 2
Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
Apr 12, 2021 – Freeview Australia has launched its free enhanced HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) service, providing Australians with a more seamless integration between broadcast and on-demand BVOD services.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Helen Clifton, Bridget Fair, David Anderson, James Taylor, James Warburton, Mike Sneesby, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Northern Waves reschedules Oslo TV conference to 2022
Feb 9, 2021 – Norigin Media has announced that the conference will not take place in Oslo in 2021. The TV technology and business conference will instead become a series of online compact conferences in the spring and autumn of 2021.
News categories: Norigin Media, Northern Waves, Ajey Anand, COVID-19, Norway, Show
Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
Jan 25, 2021 – According to GfK, 6.6 million Smart TVs were sold in Germany in 2020, up 20% on 2019. The share of smart TV sets that enable the use of apps or catch-up TV via HbbTV and the internet continued to rise.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
TV 2 Sumo upgrades LG Smart TV apps with Norigin Media
Nov 17, 2020 – TV 2 Sumo has upgraded its apps on LG Smart TVs with Norigin Media. The updated design is built for multiple LG WebOS models using Norigin's TV App Framework. Enhancements include 4k streaming and TVOD support, among others.
News categories: Norigin Media, TV2 Sumo, LG Electronics, Ajey Anand, Marius Bjerke, Jonas Marken, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV
HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
Oct 27, 2020 – The HbbTV Association has completed work on an update to its core specification (HbbTV 2.0.3). For the first time, HbbTV has removed some features and is announcing the intention to remove others in the future.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020