Digital TV News: TV2
Norwegian households paying more than ever for TV and streaming
May 10, 2023 – Households in Norway pay an average of NOK 602 (~USD 56) per month for TV and streaming content, according to Mediavision. Household spend has grown 3% compared to the same period last year.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Digital TV, Market Research, Norway
New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
Mar 22, 2023 – As the number of Fire TV devices sold passes 200 million globally, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the expansion of its Amazon-built TV series and their availability in more countries.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Germany, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS, UK, USA, Worldwide
Over four million SVOD subscriptions in Denmark
Dec 13, 2022 – According to Mediavision analysis of the Danish TV and streaming market, the number of paid subscriptions in Denmark now exceeds four million, with more than half a million new subscriptions being added in the past 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
Mux analytics platform integrated with Norigin TV App Framework
Aug 24, 2022 – Mux has announced that Mux Data has been integrated with Norigin Media's Tracking Manager and React-based TV App Framework to help organize analytics from broadcaster streaming TV services, giving them reliable QoE measurements.
News categories: Norigin Media, Mux, TV2, Ajey Anand, Cyril Duprat, Tor Egil Alvær, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
DR, TV2 with R&S and Qualcomm show live 5G Broadcast at Tour de France in Copenhagen
Jul 20, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz has played a leading part in a public demonstration of the latest in mobile content delivery: 5G Broadcast. The presentation was made by Danish broadcasters DR and TV2, with special mobile devices provided by Qualcomm.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022
Metrological unveils Lightning partner program
Mar 23, 2022 – Metrological has unveiled its Lightning Partner Program. The program provides TV operators and content providers a worldwide network of resources to help bring high-performing Lightning-based TV apps and UXs to market faster and cost efficiently.
News categories: Metrological, Greg Riker, Wouter Schreur, Anthony Goonetilleke, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Worldwide
Vestel introduces TV remote app for fifty TV brands across Europe
Dec 8, 2021 – Vestel has launched its TV Smart Centre app. The remote control app is designed for Smart TVs from fifty brands, offering more personalised control, as well as access to TV listings, apps, and screen share functions.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
Oct 20, 2021 – 3SS has announced that Altibox has launched its next-generation TV entertainment service in Norway and Denmark. Altibox selected Technicolor STBs and the 3SS 3READY Product Framework to enable the offering.
News categories: 3SS, Technicolor, Altibox, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Freeview UK multiplex licences renewed until 2034
Aug 17, 2021 – The government has announced that it is extending the five national multiplex licences for the UK's Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) platform - better known as Freeview - until 2034.
News categories: Freeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media