Digital TV News: TV8
TVEkstra and ICAREUS power Addressable TV advertising in Turkey
Oct 24, 2019 – Icareus and TVEkstra have agreed with Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media Group and TV8 channels to offer addressable TV advertising formats to advertisers on all their main channels. The formats are available to over 3 million unique HbbTV enabled Smart TVs.
News categories: ICAREUS, TVEkstra, Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media, TV8, Mikko Karppinen, Merve Eraslanoğlu, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MnA, Satellite
Lebara diversifies into migrant OTT TV
Jun 19, 2015 – Lebara has announced the launch of an entertainment service for migrants. Lebara Play will be the only multi-ethnic entertainment service bringing together free and premium, fully licensed content in 13 languages in one place, without long-term commitments.
News categories: Lebara, Lebara Play, Yoganathan Ratheesan, Aditya Thakur, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
ACTV8.me working with NCR and Intel on TV Wallet
Oct 1, 2013 – ACTV8.me has announced today that it is working with NCR (NYSE: NCR) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) to launch a cloud-based, digital TV wallet that will be made available to millions of TV viewers around the world. The technology seamlessly integrates with television advertising.
News categories: ACTV8.me, Intel Corp, NCR, Brian Shuster, Chris Lybeer, Jose Avalos, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
French TNTSAT: 3.3 Million Set-Top-Boxes sold at year-end 2011
Jan 23, 2012 – SES (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that TNTSAT, the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, reached a total of 3.3 million receivers sold at the end of 2011. This represents an increase of 650,000 compared to the end of 2010.
News categories: TNTSAT, SES S.A., France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
French TNTSAT: Three Million Receivers Sold
Sep 21, 2011 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, TNTSAT, broadcast via ASTRA, reached a total of three million receivers sold at the end of August. The TNTSAT offer was launched in March 2007.
News categories: TNTSAT, SES S.A., Digital TV, France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
MTG Makes OnDemand Pay-TV Offering Available on Internet Enabled Televisions
Nov 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has entered into a cooperation with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) in the Nordic region. Viasat is making its Viasat OnDemand internet pay-TV services available directly on all LG TV sets enabled with NetCast functionality.
News categories: MTG, LG Electronics, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Freeview NZ achieves strongest result since launch
Feb 11, 2010 – Freeview NZ has achieved its highest performing quarter since it launched in 2007. The sales figures for the final three months of 2009 put the total number of households able to receive Freeview at 346,116.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Viasat adds 30,000 premium pay-TV subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has announced results for the period ended 31 December 2009. For the quarter, Viasat added 21,000 net premium IPTV and satellite (DTH) subscribers in the Nordic region, and 9,000 net DTH subscribers in the Baltics and Ukraine.
News categories: MTG, Baltics, Denmark, DVR, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020