Digital TV News: Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi launches UI/UX application framework for RDK STBs
Dec 15, 2020 – Tata Elxsi has expanded its portfolio of RDK offerings by developing an end-to-end, full-stack UI/UX solution or reference application framework for RDK Video Accelerator set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Tata Elxsi, RDK, KP Sreekumar, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
Oct 15, 2020 – Tata Elxsi has announced its selection as a 3PL certification partner for Google Widevine, to deliver secure premium content protection for Broadcast, Media, Consumer Electronics and Automotive applications.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Nitin Pai, Brian Baker, Content Protection, Streaming, Worldwide
INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
Aug 3, 2020 – INVIDI Technologies and Tata Elxsi have announced an expansion of their relationship to bring addressable television capabilities to pay TV operators in India, Asia-Pacific and MEA.
News categories: INVIDI, Tata Elxsi, Prasad Sanagavarapu, Nitin Pai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended December 31, 2019. Dish TV India witnessed tapering subscriber acquisitions in the period post Diwali.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Dish TV India updates UI on Dish SMRT and d2h Magic devices
Dec 20, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the roll-out of 'Orbit', an updated user interface for its recently launched SMRT and Magic range of connected products. Dish TV collaborated with Tata Elxsi on the creation of the UX enhancements.
News categories: Dish TV India, Tata Elxsi, Anil Dua, Narendra Ghate, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Elxsi selected as System Integrator for Google Widevine CAS
Jun 4, 2019 – Tata Elxsi, a Certified Widevine Implementation Partner (CWIP), has announced that its product offering now includes Google Widevine CAS in the cloud and on premises. Services also include Widevine CAS integration and validation for Android TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi to build software for Airtel's Internet TV STB
Sep 14, 2018 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has extended its partnership with Airtel’s DTH service arm – Airtel Digital TV. As part of this, Tata Elxsi will build the application software for the company’s hybrid set-top-box, Internet TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, IBC, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
NOS and Tata Elxsi open Digital Centre of Excellence
Sep 12, 2018 – NOS and Tata Elxsi have announced the launch a Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE). The centre will focus on digital transformation initiatives that are geared to deliver next generation services, enhance subscriber experience, and improve operational efficiency.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Broadband, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Portugal, RDK
ZEE5 partners with Tata Elxsi for app development
Feb 26, 2018 – ZEE5 has partnered with Tata Elxsi for its front-end applications. Tata Elxsi has driven the integration of ZEE5 with the video backend, multi-lingual front-end user experience and multi-CDN networks.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, ZEE5, K P Sreekumar, Amit Goenka, Apps, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030