Digital TV News: Ted Hall
Pay TV subscriptions declined in 14 countries in 2017
May 2, 2018 – The cord-cutting trend that threatens the future of the global pay TV industry was not confined solely to the United States in 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Total pay TV subscriptions also declined in 13 other markets.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
AsiaSat 9 set for 28 September launch
Jul 31, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is set for launch on 28 September. AsiaSat 9 will replace AsiaSat 4 at 122°E longitude. The new satellite will deliver significantly improved performance and higher efficiency for customers’ services.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Market for esports video is booming
May 9, 2017 – The market for esports video continues its rapid growth worldwide. Total hours viewed in the genre exceeded 6 billion globally in 2016, up 19 percent from 2015, according to a new report from IHS Markit (Nasdaq:INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ted Hall, Dan Cryan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT, TV Everywhere
Experience the RVU Remote User Interface Client-Server Solution Throughout IBC2012
Sep 6, 2012 – The RVU Alliance has announced several demonstrations of the RVU Remote User Interface (RUI) solution at the International Broadcasting Convention being held Sept. 7-11 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Convergence Driving European TV Progress
Oct 1, 2007 – New research published today by Informa Telecoms & Media shows that digital TV penetration of Western European households will break the 50% mark by the end of this year.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, TV Services, UK
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow