Digital TV News: Telecommunications Industry Association
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) Approves Publication of FLO™ Air Interface Specification
Feb 16, 2009 – The FLO Forum is pleased to recognize the decision of the EBU / CENELEC / ETSI Joint Technical Committee (JTC) Broadcast to publish ETSI TS 102 589, 'Forward Link Only Air Interface; Specification for Terrestrial Mobile; Multimedia Multicast.'
News categories: FLO Forum, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm Conducts Drive Test of MediaFLO Broadcast Mobile TV Platform in Collaboration with Toyota
Dec 15, 2008 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced the first MediaFLO™ drive test in collaboration with Toyota (Tokyo:7203; NYSE:TM). Live televised programming was transmitted to a vehicle equipped with a MediaFLO phone connected to in-car video displays.
News categories: Qualcomm, Toyota, In-Car, Japan, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm Showcases Value-added Services Enabled by MediaFLO Broadcast Mobile TV Platform at IBC 2008
Sep 12, 2008 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced its live, over-the-air demonstrations of the MediaFLO™ interactive broadcast mobile TV platform at IBC 2008, which will feature audio, video and data applications delivered over both UHF and L-Band frequencies.
News categories: Qualcomm, MediaFLO, IBC2022, In-Car, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home, Smart TV
Open Standardization of FLO Technology Continues With TIA Approval of Conditional Access Standard
Jun 26, 2008 – The FLO Forum has announced another step forward with the approval by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) of the Forward Link Only Open Conditional Access (OpenCA) Specification.
News categories: FLO Forum, Conditional Access, Mobile, Smart TV
Intellon's Technology, the Baseline for HomePlug 1.0, Integrated into New TIA-1113 International Standard by Telecommunications Industry Association
May 29, 2008 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has applauded the decision by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) to incorporate HomePlug 1.0 powerline technology into its newly published TIA-1113 international standard.
News categories: Intellon, Telecommunications Industry Association, Semiconductor, Smart Home
QUALCOMM and Siano Sign FLO Chip Agreement
Jun 18, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM) and Siano Mobile Silicon have announced that the companies have signed a royalty-free agreement that enables Siano to use QUALCOMM's patented technologies to produce chips that implement FLO™ technology.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, QUALCOMM, Digital TV, Mobile, Patent, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Standardisation of FLO continues with TIA Transport Specification
Jun 17, 2007 – The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) has approved the Forward Link Only (FLO) Transport Specification as part of the continuing standardisation of the MediaFLO-based technology ecosystem. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service