Digital TV News: Telefonica Vivo
Brazil's Vivo chooses Cisco set-top box for Wireless IPTV service
Aug 7, 2014 – Telefonica Vivo has selected the wireless Cisco IPTV set-top box for its Vivo TV Fibra service without the need to run cables to the TVs of its customers. The service provider announces the new solution at ABTA 2014.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telefonica Vivo, Rafael Sgrott, Rodrigo Dienstmann, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telefonica Vivo and Quantenna bring wireless TV to Brazil
Aug 6, 2014 – Quantenna has announced that Telefonica Vivo has chosen Quantenna technology to power its wireless IPTV service. Unveiled at ABTA 2014, the Vivo TV Fiber Wi-Fi Decoder eliminates the need for wired TV connections.
News categories: Quantenna, Telefonica Vivo, Rubens Cesar Bastos, Sam Heidari, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Vivo begins 4K trial in Brazil
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica Vivo has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) AVP 4000 Encoder Family to boost its TV viewing experience for consumers in Brazil and Vivo has begun trials to demonstrate the ability to provide a 4K experience in Brazil.
News categories: Ericsson, Vivo, Rafael Sgrott, Ronaldo Dias, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data