Digital TV News: Telekom Austria
A1 streams 8K video via 5G for the first time ever in Austria
Aug 26, 2019 – At the European Forum Alpbach 2019, A1 streamed an 8K video via the A1 5G network for the first time ever in Austria. Together with Nokia and Samsung, A1 presented one of the many fields of application for the new mobile technology.
News categories: A1 Telekom, Nokia, Samsung, Thomas Arnoldner, Marcus Grausam, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
EU approves acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria
Jul 9, 2018 – The European Commission has approved unconditionally the proposed acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria. The Commission concluded that the transaction would raise no competition concerns as the companies' activities and assets are largely complementary.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
T-Mobile Austria acquires UPC Austria
Dec 22, 2017 – T-Mobile Austria has announced the acquisition of UPC Austria, an indirect subsidiary of Liberty Global. The combined company will be an integrated provider of mobile and fixed line broadband internet, IoT, mobile and fixed line telephony as well as TV and entertainment products in Austria.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Srini Gopalan, Andreas Bierwirth, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
América Móvil adds 158,000 Pay TV units in 2015
Feb 9, 2016 – América Móvil [BMV: AMX] [NYSE: AMX] [NASDAQ: AMOV] [LATIBEX: XAMXL] has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2015. At the end of the year the company had 22 million Pay TV units adding 158 thousand during over the year.
News categories: América Móvil, Cable TV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Austria A1 TV subscribers up 7% in 2015
Feb 9, 2016 – Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for the full year and fourth quarter 2015, ending 31 December 2015. In Austria, fixed broadband lines and TV subscribers continued to show strong growth and rose by 4.4% and 7.0% year-on-year respectively in Q4 2015.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Austria and ANTIK pick EUTELSAT for 'ANTIK Sat' DTH
Sep 11, 2015 – Telekom Austria and ANTIK Telekom have selected EUTELSAT 16A (Paris: ETL) for their Direct-to-Home platform for the Slovak and Czech market. Called ANTIK Sat, the new platform is due to launch early next month.
News categories: Eutelsat, ANTIK Telekom, Telekom Austria, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Igor Kolla, Stefan Amon, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Slovakia
'itself' planning Czech DTH TV service
Mar 14, 2015 – According to Parabola, telecoms operator 'itself' is in negotiations with Telekom Austria to launch a DTH satellite TV service in the Czech Republic. itself would take advantage of Telekom Austria's white label ‘direct2home’ B2B platform to offer the service.
News categories: itself, Telekom Austria, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV