Digital TV News: Telewizja Polska
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
Net Insight receives order for Digital Terrestrial TV network in Poland
Jul 16, 2010 – Net Insight (STO: NETI B) has received a significant order to build the new nationwide media network for Emitel in Poland. Net Insight won this order in partnership with Ericsson Poland (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: Net Insight, Ericsson, Emitel, Telewizja Polska, Content Distribution, Poland, Terrestrial
SES Reports Solid Nine Months Core Infrastructure Performance
Oct 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported results for the nine months to 30 September 2009. No satellites were launched in the quarter, however preparations are well advanced for the launch of NSS-12 which will deliver a mix of DTH, VSAT and telecom applications.
News categories: SES S.A., Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
Beginning of implementation of digital terrestrial TV in Poland
Oct 1, 2009 – Poland's Office of Electronic Communications (UKE) has granted general exclusive frequency licences for digital terrestrial TV broadcasting on the country's first DVB-T multiplex (MUX1). MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) video coding will be used.
News categories: Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Digital TV, Poland, Regulation, Terrestrial
Poland's TVP Launches Free-To-Air Satellite Platform
Sep 15, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the public Polish television Telewizja Polska SA (TVP) will launch a free-to-air platform on satellite. TVP will use a spot beam which is available on ASTRA 1KR.
News categories: Telewizja Polska, SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes