Digital TV News: Thales Alenia Space
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
Aug 3, 2020 – Two satellites, Express-80 and Express-103, ordered by the Russian Satellite Communications Company, have been launched from Baikonur cosmodrome. Full-scale functioning is scheduled to commence in January and February 2021.
News categories: RSCC, Yuri Prokhorov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
Jun 19, 2019 – The SaT5G project has announced the operation of a number of successful demonstrations of 5G over satellite at the 2019 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2019) in Valencia, Spain.
News categories: SaT5G, Mike Fitch, Indran Sivarajah, 5G, Content Distribution, Satellite, Spain, Worldwide
Hispasat 30W-6 satellite successfully launched
Mar 6, 2018 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its twelfth satellite, Hispasat 30W-6. From its orbital position at 30° West, Hispasat 30W-6 will replace and broaden the capacity of Hispasat 30W-4. It has 40 Ku-band transponders, up to 6 Ka-band beams and 10 C-band transponders.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Satellite, Spain
SpaceX successfully launches Koreasat-5A
Oct 30, 2017 – SpaceX has successfully launched the Koreasat-5A satellite from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida. Koreasat-5A is a communications satellite operated by KT SAT. Koreasat-5A will provide DTH broadcast, broadband, and backhaul services with its Ku-Band capacity.
News categories: SpaceX, KT SAT, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK