Digital TV News: The Filter
24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
May 24, 2022 – 24i has launched a personalization and content recommendations service, 24iQ. The results from the integration of 24i’s data team with the technologies and data science expertise of The Filter, acquired by 24i in April.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
UK outlines scheme to tackle TV interference from 4G services
Jul 10, 2012 – The UK government has set out terms for a £180 million scheme to help the 900,000 digital terrestrial television (DTT) homes that communications regulator Ofcom estimates will be affected when 4G is introduced in the country next year.
News categories: Ofcom, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
3.3V, Video-Only, Dual-SCART Switches Reduce Cost and Complexity in European STB Designs
Oct 13, 2008 – Maxim (NASDAQ: MXIM) has introduced the MAX9655/MAX9656 low-power switches for the video part of dual-SCART, set-top-box designs. These devices integrate the filtering, switching, and amplification necessary for RGB and composite-video.
News categories: Maxim Integrated Products, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics at CEATEC JAPAN 2008
Sep 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will showcase its latest products and technologies for applications across a wide variety of markets, including home appliances, automotive, industrial, computer, healthcare and wireless, at CEATEC JAPAN 2008.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Ambarella Introduces Third-Generation SoC for HD Camcorders with Progressive Video
Jan 7, 2008 – Ambarella has announced its third-generation low-power A3 System-on-a-Chip (SoC). The A3 is targeted at high-definition (HD) camcorders using H.264/AVC compression technology.
News categories: Ambarella, Camcorder, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion