Digital TV News: The Nielsen Company
U.S. Home Entertainment Has Promising First Quarter Fueled By Blu-ray Sales
Apr 15, 2010 – U.S. Blu-ray Disc software sales continued to rise in the first quarter of 2010, up 74 percent compared to the same period last year according to sales figures for the home entertainment industry released by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Nielsen Provides U.S. Online Video Data For March 2009
Apr 13, 2009 – Nielsen Online has reported March 2009 U.S. overall online video usage and top online brands ranked by video streams.
News categories: Nielsen, Market Research, Streaming, USA
6.5 Million U.S. Homes Still Unprepared for the Switch to Digital Television
Jan 22, 2009 – More than 6.5 million U.S. households are not ready for the upcoming transition to all-digital broadcasting and would be unable to receive any TV programming at all if the transition occurred today, The Nielsen Company has reported.
News categories: Nielsen, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Commerce's NTIA Announces New Coupon Applicants Will be Placed on Waiting List Due to High Demand for TV Converter Box Coupons
Jan 5, 2009 – The NTIA has announced that consumers requesting coupons from the agency's TV Converter Box Coupon Program will be placed on a waiting list and coupons will be mailed on a first-come-first-served basis, as funds from expired coupons become available.
News categories: National Telecommunications and Information Administration, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
National Geographic Channel Is First Network To Receive Second-By-Second Data From Nielsen's DigitalPlus Set Top Box Service
Dec 2, 2008 – Nielsen and National Geographic Channel (NGC) have announced that NGC will be the first network to access analyses on commercial performance through Nielsen's new DigitalPlus service, part of the Company's set top box analytics business.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Nielsen and Charter Communications to Commercialize Set Top Tuning Data for Potential Measurement Uses
Mar 12, 2008 – The Nielsen Company and Charter Communications (NASDAQ:CHTR) have announced an agreement to commercialize the use of anonymous digital set top box (STB) data for analytical and potential audience measurement purposes for television.
News categories: Nielsen, Charter Communications, Cable TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Nielsen Releases High Definition TV (HDTV) Universe Estimates for Total U.S. and Local People Meter Markets
Oct 30, 2007 – The Nielsen Company has announced that 13.7% of TV households in the U.S. are equipped with an HD television and HD tuner capable of receiving signals in HD, while 11.3% are equipped with an HD television and HD tuner and receive at least one HD network or station.
News categories: The Nielsen Company, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
81 Million People in US Watch Broadband Video
Jul 17, 2007 – An estimated 81 million people, or 63% of the 129 million people who access the Internet over broadband in the U.S., watch broadband video at home or at work, according to new research conducted by The Nielsen Company.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023