Digital TV News: Thinh Tran
Sigma Designs Introduces Reference Design Featuring Quantenna Wi-Fi Technology
Jan 4, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a unique set-top box (STB) reference design with Quantenna's high performance 802.11n 4x4 MIMO technology that enables Sigma's STB to receive video wirelessly.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Quantenna, CES2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Aug 24, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its quarter ended July 30, 2011. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was $46.7 million, down $26.6 million, or 36%, from $73.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor
Sigma Designs Unveils Industry's Most Advanced, Ultra-Thin Set-Top-Box Design
Jun 20, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is poised to energize the set-top-box market by unveiling the industry's most advanced platform reference design, enabling an experience only found in devices that are combined with networking gateways.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation Establish Joint Venture
Apr 18, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (VTC) have announced that they have reached an agreement to establish a joint venture to develop and market set-top boxes, smart energy products and home connectivity solutions.
News categories: Sigma Designs, VTC, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Vietnam
Sigma Designs Brings 'Hollywood Experience' to the Living Room at CES 2011
Jan 4, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it will showcase at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, new products and award-winning solutions that bring the first studio-quality entertainment experience to the living room.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Blu-ray, CES2023, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Sigma Designs Launches First Studio-Grade Set Top Box SoC
Jan 3, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced its SMP8910 media processor. The SMP8910 is the first chip to integrate VXP studio quality video processing and the most flexible 3D video processing into a high-performance media processor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
MIPS Technologies Announces Strategic Alliance with Imagination Technologies
Apr 26, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MIPS and Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) have formed a strategic alliance to ensure the optimum system solution and support for customers combining IP from both companies.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MIPS Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sigma Launches New Organization With Strategic Business Groups
Apr 19, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has announced a company reorganization. The reorganization includes the launch of two strategic business groups - the Media Processor Business Group and the Home Connectivity Business Group - as well as a Worldwide Sales Group.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs to Acquire CopperGate Communications
Oct 13, 2009 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) and CopperGate Communications have announced that the companies have entered into a definitive agreement for Sigma to acquire CopperGate in a cash and stock transaction with an agreed value of $160 million.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CopperGate, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools