Digital TV News: Thomas Wrede
SES, SmarDTV and Samsung demonstrate CA-protected UltraHD broadcasts at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG), SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first end-to-end encrypted Ultra HD content – via an SES satellite to a Samsung Ultra HD TV by using a SmarDTV CI Plus CAM module -- at IBC 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SmarDTV, Samsung, Conor Ryan, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES, Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear revolutionise satellite TV home distribution with industry's first IP-LNB
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG), Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) have announced that they have designing an essential component for cost-effective IP distribution of satellite television to the home - the first LNB incorporating 8-channel satellite-to-IP bridging technology.
News categories: SES S.A, Inverto, Abilis, MaxLinear, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SES to pioneer first Ultra HD transmission in HEVC at SES Industry Days
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that, together with partners Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM), it has pioneered the first Ultra HD transmission in the new HEVC standard live from an ASTRA satellite at 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Harmonic Inc, Broadcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor
SES Certifies New Zinwell SAT>IP Converter
Nov 2, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced the certification of a SAT>IP converter by Zinwell. With SAT>IP, satellite-delivered programmes are converted into IP standard at the point of reception for distribution around the home to smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SES S.A, Zinwell, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Smart Home
First 4K Ultra High Definition Transmission via ASTRA 3B
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) is collaborating with Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) to show IBC visitors a live satellite transmission of 4K UHDTV content. The video is played out in Quad Full HD format encoded in H.264 at a data rate of 50 Mbit/s.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite
MaxLinear Teams with SES on SAT>IP ICs Based on Full Spectrum Capture™ Satellite Technology
Sep 7, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and SES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) have announced at the IBC 2012 trade show that the two companies are collaborating on multichannel satellite receiver ICs for next generation satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) systems.
News categories: Maxlinear, SES S.A, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor
SES Unveils IP-based in-home Distribution of Satellite TV Signals
Apr 27, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG), together with industry partners, has announced the introduction of SAT-IP, an IP-based satellite reception technology that demodulates and converts satellite signals to IP for further in-home distribution.
News categories: SES S.A., Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Smart Home
SES Astra and iPONT to partner for 'live' 3D broadcast on glasses-free 3DTV at IBC 2011
Aug 30, 2011 – iPONT International and SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) will demonstrate 'live' 3D broadcasts on glasses-free 3DTV technology on SES stand 1.B51 at IBC 2011.
News categories: SES ASTRA, iPONT, IBC2022, Metaverse, Smart TV
Entropic Communications Announces Its Channel Stacking Switch Technology Supports ASTRA'S Single Cable LNB Specifications
Jun 12, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch products support the ASTRA Single Cable Low Noise Block (LNB) down converter technical specification.
News categories: Entropic Communications, MTI, SES-ASTRA, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution