Digital TV News: Tivùsat
Satellite TV now in 8.4 million Italian homes
Oct 25, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has presented fresh data on trends shaping Italy’s TV landscape where average viewing of linear content is the highest in Western Europe, at four hours and 40 minutes per person per day.
News categories: Eutelsat, Renato Farina, Digital TV, Italy, Market Research, Satellite
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tivù launches tivùon! catch-up TV application
Jul 18, 2016 – Tivù, the company that operates tivùsat, the Italian free-to-air satellite platform, has launched tivùon!, a catch-up application that allows users to browse an extended 7 day EPG, 7 days forward and 7 days backward.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
More than 2.5 million active smartcards for Tivùsat
Sep 16, 2015 – Tivùsat has reached the milestone of 2.5 million active smartcards. Since its launch on July 31, 2009, Tivùsat has shown constant growth, providing terrestrial programming in areas of Italy without DTT coverage.
News categories: Tivùsat, Digital TV, Italy, Market Research, Satellite
2.4 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
Jun 4, 2015 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that almost six years after its launch at the end of July 2009, it now has more than 2.4 million active smart cards, representing about 8% of Italian families.
News categories: Tivù, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
Dec 17, 2014 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that five and a half years after its launch at the end of July 2009, it now has more than 2.3 million active smart cards in 1.91 million households.
News categories: Tivù, CAM, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
European satellite TV operators launch FreeTV Alliance at IBC 2014
Sep 12, 2014 – Three leading European free-to-air satellite TV operators – Fransat, Freesat, and Tivùsat – have come together to form the FreeTV Alliance. The Alliance aims to promote the harmonisation of satellite TV services and technology across Europe.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Alberto Sigismondi, Digital TV, France, IBC, Italy, Satellite, UK
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership