Digital TV News: Tom Rogers
TiVo announces ad-skipping TiVo BOLT
Sep 30, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced the TiVo BOLT. BOLT allows viewers to skip entire commercial breaks in a single bound at the press of a button. The TiVo BOLT combines cable, video on demand, OTA, and OTT sources.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Tom Rogers, Ira Bahr, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
TiVo acquires Cubiware
May 26, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that is has acquired Cubiware, a provider of software for emerging market Pay-TV operators. Cubiware will expand TiVo's international presence in 25 countries.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cubiware, Tom Rogers, Jakub Gorski, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Suddenlink to provide Netflix on TiVo devices
May 6, 2014 – Suddenlink has announced an agreement that will give its customers access to Netflix, the world's leading Internet television network, through the cable operator's integrated TiVo set-top devices.
News categories: Suddenlink, Netflix, TiVo Inc, Jerry Kent, Bill Holmes, Tom Rogers, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, USA
TiVo adds 313,000 MSO cable subscribers in 4Q 2013
Feb 26, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results to the end of January 31, 2014. The company added a record 313,000 MSO cable subscriptions in the quarter. TiVo-owned net additions were also positive for first time in six years.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Tom Rogers, Scott Kewley, Cable TV, DVR, Results, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK, USA
TiVo launches Roamio DVR for live, recorded, and OTT TV
Aug 20, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of the TiVo Roamio DVR, the all-in-one approach to live, recorded, on-demand and over-the-top television that gives consumers what they want on any screen, wherever they are.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo reports results for its year ended January 31, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended January 31, 2013. For the quarter, service and technology revenues were $65.7 million, which was the highest in TiVo's history. TiVo reported a net loss of $(15.8) million.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, DVR, Results, Set Top Box, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Mediacom Selects TiVo for Whole-Home Television
Sep 27, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Mediacom Communications have announced that Mediacom has chosen TiVo to provide its next-generation consumer video experience utilizing TiVo's whole-home, multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Mediacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Com Hem Signs Exclusive Agreement With TiVo
Jun 25, 2012 – Com Hem and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a mutually exclusive distribution agreement. The offering will deliver access to traditional television content, VOD libraries, OTT content and applications through a fully integrated viewing experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Com Hem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
TiVo Expands Whole-Home and Multi-Screen Offerings
May 21, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced two enhancements for whole-home viewing. Its IP set-top box delivers the TiVo experience on secondary televisions throughout the home. TiVo Stream provides transcoding to enable content viewing on mobile devices.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Mobile, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform