Digital TV News: Tony Berthaud
Fuji TV selects Harmonic Cloud Playout for OTT delivery
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Fuji TV has deployed a playout solution from Harmonic for its SMART OTT service. Using Harmonic's VOS media processing software, Fuji TV is performing channel playout directly from a public cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Fuji TV, Tony Berthaud, Katsuya Seki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, OTT
Indonesia's AMTV deploys end-to-end OTT solution from Harmonic and Veygo
Mar 21, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Veygo have announced that they have teamed up to create an end-to-end SaaS solution for OTT video delivery. Veygo's secure player, analytics and applications have been integrated with Harmonic's media processing.
News categories: Harmonic, Veygo, AMTV Media, Tony Berthaud, Jean-Christophe Perier, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT
Global Technology to launch OTT TV with Harmonic and Viaccess-Orca
Feb 22, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Viaccess-Orca have announced that Global Technology Group is launching an OTT service in Myanmar called La La Kyi powered by Harmonic's VOS 360 media processing SaaS and Viaccess-Orca's TVaaS cloud-based TV platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Viaccess-Orca, Global Technology Group, Tony Berthaud, Chem Assayag, Prasert Laosaengpha, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Sun Direct adds more HD channels with Harmonic HEVC
Nov 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Sun Direct has deployed a Harmonic HEVC media processing solution within its all-IP workflow in order to expand its HD service offering. Harmonic's encoder and multiplexer enable Sun Direct to deliver an additional 80 HD channels.
News categories: Harmonic, Sun Direct, Tony Berthaud, S. Kannan, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Taiwan Broadband Communication deploys second video delivery system from Harmonic
Sep 6, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communication (TBC) has recently deployed a second Harmonic headend to support its CATV service. Using Harmonic's products, TBC delivers 120 HD and 64 SD channels to subscribers.
News categories: Harmonic, Taiwan Broadband Communication, Tony Berthaud, Jimmy Chen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, Taiwan
GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
Jul 19, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that GTPL, India's leading digital cable TV distribution company has deployed a next-generation software-based unified video headend system from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Hathway, Tony Berthaud, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
PCCW Global delivers 360° VR sport with Harmonic
Apr 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its Electra VS video system was used by PCCW Global to deliver immersive 360-degree, virtual reality (VR) experiences live during the 2017 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament April 7-9.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW Global, Tony Berthaud, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, NABShow, VR
Indonesia's SuperSoccer selects Harmonic for live football streaming
Feb 21, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that SuperSoccer, an Indonesian sports aggregator, has chosen Harmonic’s VOS 360 professional cloud media processing service to stream live soccer matches over the web to subscribers in Indonesia.
News categories: Harmonic, SuperSoccer, Tony Berthaud, Mirwan Suwarso, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
DishHD Asia launches first all-HEVC DTH service
Jan 25, 2016 – DISH HD Asia has selected the ViBE VS7000 HEVC encoder from Thomson Video Networks to drive its new Ultra HD 4K and all-HEVC-HD satellite service upgrade for delivery of more than 120 channels to viewers throughout Northeast Asia
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, DishHD Asia, Ideal Systems HK, Tony Berthaud, Bert Klein, Wai Hoong Tham, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Taiwan
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K