Digital TV News: Tony Berthaud
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
PCCW Media delivers live UHD HDR football coverage with Harmonic
Jun 25, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media's Now TV pay TV service in Hong Kong is delivering 4K live coverage of world-class sports events using an UHD HDR solution from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Kevin Chu, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV
Fuji TV selects Harmonic Cloud Playout for OTT delivery
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Fuji TV has deployed a playout solution from Harmonic for its SMART OTT service. Using Harmonic's VOS media processing software, Fuji TV is performing channel playout directly from a public cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Fuji TV, Tony Berthaud, Katsuya Seki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, OTT
Indonesia's AMTV deploys end-to-end OTT solution from Harmonic and Veygo
Mar 21, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Veygo have announced that they have teamed up to create an end-to-end SaaS solution for OTT video delivery. Veygo's secure player, analytics and applications have been integrated with Harmonic's media processing.
News categories: Harmonic, Veygo, AMTV Media, Tony Berthaud, Jean-Christophe Perier, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT
Global Technology to launch OTT TV with Harmonic and Viaccess-Orca
Feb 22, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Viaccess-Orca have announced that Global Technology Group is launching an OTT service in Myanmar called La La Kyi powered by Harmonic's VOS 360 media processing SaaS and Viaccess-Orca's TVaaS cloud-based TV platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Viaccess-Orca, Global Technology Group, Tony Berthaud, Chem Assayag, Prasert Laosaengpha, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Sun Direct adds more HD channels with Harmonic HEVC
Nov 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Sun Direct has deployed a Harmonic HEVC media processing solution within its all-IP workflow in order to expand its HD service offering. Harmonic's encoder and multiplexer enable Sun Direct to deliver an additional 80 HD channels.
News categories: Harmonic, Sun Direct, Tony Berthaud, S. Kannan, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Taiwan Broadband Communication deploys second video delivery system from Harmonic
Sep 6, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communication (TBC) has recently deployed a second Harmonic headend to support its CATV service. Using Harmonic's products, TBC delivers 120 HD and 64 SD channels to subscribers.
News categories: Harmonic, Taiwan Broadband Communication, Tony Berthaud, Jimmy Chen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC, Taiwan
GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
Jul 19, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that GTPL, India's leading digital cable TV distribution company has deployed a next-generation software-based unified video headend system from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Hathway, Tony Berthaud, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
PCCW Global delivers 360° VR sport with Harmonic
Apr 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its Electra VS video system was used by PCCW Global to deliver immersive 360-degree, virtual reality (VR) experiences live during the 2017 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament April 7-9.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW Global, Tony Berthaud, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, NABShow, VR
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership