Digital TV News: TrendForce
COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
Mar 27, 2020 – In Q1 2020, the TV industry was under pressure both on the production and demand sides. TrendForce has reduced its expectation of global shipments for Q1 2020 to 44.6 million units, down by 8.6% from the pre-COVID-19 prediction.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
Mar 24, 2020 – According to TrendForce, monthly TV panel shipments decreased by 3.5% MoM in February, reaching 20.073 million units. The COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on labor, logistics, and material supply remains a gradual process.
News categories: TrendForce, China, COVID-19, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
LED ultra-fine pitch display market to reach 58% CAGR in 2019-2023
Dec 27, 2019 – According to TrendForce, the demand for displays with high resolution and HDR capabilities has skyrocketed. The LED fine pitch display market is expected to have a CAGR of 27% over the 2019-2023 period, with ultra-fine pitch displays growing even faster at a CAGR of 58%.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
2019 flat-panel display driver IC shipments exhibit negative growth
Oct 29, 2019 – According to WitsView, reduced panel shipments are causing the demand for flat-panel display driver ICs to undergo a corresponding decline. 2019 YoY growth is projected to be -3.2% - the first instance of negative growth in recent years.
News categories: TrendForce, Julian Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
Jul 11, 2019 – According to WitsView, prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels are unlikely to stop falling in 3Q19, mainly due to the trade war that raged on in 2Q. Some LCD brands have already stocked up beforehand and there are raised inventory levels of completed devices in North America.
News categories: TrendForce, Anita Wang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel prices plunge in June
Jul 5, 2019 – According to WitsView, although the US-China trade dispute reached a ceasefire, TV brands have been engaging in preemptive stocking. This along with Samsung shutting down its Gen 8.5 L8-1-1 plant has caused TV panel prices to plunge in June.
News categories: WitsView, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panel prices may drop below costs in 2H
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Witsview, despite the recent relaxation of the US-China trade dispute, demand for various end products in 2H will remain in a conservative mood until the situation becomes clear, leading to a less-than-expected restocking demand for panels.
News categories: TrendForce, Witsview, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025