Digital TV News: Tubi
Fox partners with Innovid for cross-platform measurement
Oct 12, 2022 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) has announced a partnership with Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) to measure cross-platform viewing consumption across its portfolio of news, sports, entertainment, and streaming properties.
News categories: Innovid, Fox Corp, Tubi, Jo Kinsella, Dan Callahan, Tyler Fitch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
Sep 28, 2022 – Horowitz's latest report, tracking the evolution of the TV space, finds that streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms, with the majority of their viewing time spent streaming.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Roku launches OS 11.5 and new software features
Sep 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the latest enhancements coming to its operating system. In the coming months, the company will introduce a new content discovery experience as well as two updates to its What to Watch feature.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Disney+ powers growth in New Zealand’s subscription TV viewership
Aug 29, 2022 – Data from Roy Morgan shows that total viewership of Subscription TV in New Zealand has increased 3.4% from a year earlier to 2,954,000, an increase of 99,000. Disney+ is the stand-out performer over the last year.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
MuxIP to power Dooya TV streaming and monetization
Aug 30, 2022 – MuxIP has partnered with Dooya Media Group (DMG) to deliver a single, customized interface for Dooya's channels, helping to expand distribution and centralize management of the FAST channels.
News categories: MuxIP, Dooya, Thomas Link, John T. Wells, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
Tubi partners with Shaw TV in Canada
Jul 20, 2022 – Tubi has partnered with Shaw Communications to make its service available to Shaw TV customers. Shaw TV subscribers in Western Canada can now use their voice remote to access the free streaming service on their set top box.
News categories: Tubi, Shaw Communications, Adam Lewinson, Andrew Eddy, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
TVision releases latest State of CTV Advertising report
Jul 19, 2022 – TVision has released its semi-annual report: 'The State of CTV Advertising' including data on U.S. household reach for Netflix and all major competitors, growth of ad-supported apps and CTV ad attention.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service