Digital TV News: Turk Telekom
Türk Telekom TV Home subscribers flat at 1.5 million in 2Q 2021
Aug 9, 2021 – Türk Telekom Group has announced its Q2'21 financial and operational results. At the end of the period, the number of TV Home (IPTV + DTH) subscribers remained flat QoQ at 1.5 million.
News categories: Türk Telekom, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Turkey
Altimedia middleware to power Turk Telecom IPTV upgrade
Feb 4, 2021 – Altimedia has been selected as set-top box (STB) software platform provider and TV application developer for Turk Telecom's new IPTV platform. Built on ZTE technology, the rollout involves upgrading of one million legacy STBs.
News categories: Altimedia, Turk Telecom, Brian Koo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Turkey
Turk Telekom selects Alticast's AltiPlatform-WEB middleware
Apr 29, 2019 – Alticast has announced that Turk Telekom has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform - Web middleware to serve as their next-generation, interactive viewing platform that will enable OTT services and web-based applications.
News categories: Alticast, Turk Telekom, Brian Koo, Umit Onal, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Turkey
beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
Jan 21, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues for 20 MENA countries fell by 11% between 2016 and 2018 to just under $3 billion. Given the hangover from the beIN ban and falling ARPUs, revenues in 2024 will still be lower than in 2016.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
Türk Telekom adds 76,000 Tivibu TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 26, 2016 – Türk Telekom has announced its results for the second quarter of 2016. Subscribers to the company's Tivibu Home IPTV and DTH TV services increased by 76,000 in the quarter to finish at 544,000.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
PCCW and Türk Telekom to explore joint business opportunities
May 4, 2016 – PCCW Global and Türk Telekom International (TTI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore service portfolio and geographic synergies between the two telecommunications companies.
News categories: PCCW Global, Türk Telekom, Marc Halbfinger, Cengiz Oztelcan, Cable TV, IPTV, Turkey
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – Türk Telekom has announced 2014 second quarter results. Türk Telekom's Tivibu service ended with 1.9 million TV subscribers, up 1.3% in the quarter. Of the total, the number of IPTV subscribers was 302,000, down 6,000 quarter-on-quarter.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Mobile, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Turkey
SeaChange powers TTNET IPTV in Turkey
May 9, 2011 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced details of its role in TTNET’s nationwide IPTV service, Tivibu Ev (Tivibu Home), part of its multi-screen video service that is currently available in 30 cities across Turkey.
News categories: SeaChange, TTNET, Yvette Kanouff, Tahsin Yılmaz, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.