Digital TV News: Turkcell
Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
Sep 14, 2019 – Witbe has been selected by Turkcell to automate the analysis and testing of their main end-user digital services such as BiP, TV+, Fizy and many others. Witbe will also cover the automation testing of Turkcell's own and third party set-top-boxes.
News categories: Witbe, Turkcell, Mathieu Planche, Elif Yenihan Kaya, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2020, Set Top Box, Turkey, UX
Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
Jun 11, 2019 – Rapid early momentum and enthusiasm for 5G has led Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to forecast an extra 400 million enhanced mobile broadband subscriptions globally by the end of 2024. The company now forecasts 1.9 billion 5G subscriptions – up from 1.5 billion forecast in November 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
MENA SVOD revenues to triple
Jan 28, 2019 – MENA SVOD revenues will reach $2.13 billion by 2024; or $1.51 billion more than the 2018 total. SVOD revenues will more than triple between 2018 and 2024, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
Dec 12, 2018 – Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) has chosen Metrological to deliver the integrated Turkcell TV App Store, available to all Turkcell TV+ subscribers. Turkcell will have a unique TV App Store personalized for their TV+ subscribers across Turkey.
News categories: Metrological, Turkcell, Thijs Bijleveld, Baris Zavaroglu, Apps, Digital TV, Turkey
Türk Telekom adds 76,000 Tivibu TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 26, 2016 – Türk Telekom has announced its results for the second quarter of 2016. Subscribers to the company's Tivibu Home IPTV and DTH TV services increased by 76,000 in the quarter to finish at 544,000.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
Ericsson and Turkcell demonstrate live sports streaming over LTE Broadcast
May 17, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Turkcell have delivered the first immersive live streaming mobile experience over LTE Broadcast in Turkey. This took place during a derby between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray Odeabank, two of Istanbul's biggest basketball teams.
News categories: Ericsson, Turkcell, Rafiah Ibrahim, Ilker Kuruoz, 5G, Content Distribution, Turkey
Amino to provide STBs for Turkcell Superonline IPTV services
Nov 10, 2014 – Amino has announced that it has secured a contract from Turkcell to provide its Live Advanced Media Platform for the rollout of IPTV services. The operator has begun rolling out its Turkcell TV+ service as part of an enhanced 'tripleplay' multiscreen offering.
News categories: Amino, Turkcell, Superonline, Donald McGarva, Murat Erkan, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Turkey
Turkcell TV+ set-top box launches in Turkey
Oct 17, 2014 – Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, BIST: TCELL) has announced that Turkcell TV+, which was previously offered only on mobile devices and computers, will now be available on television sets.
News categories: Turkcell, Sureyya Ciliv, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020