Digital TV News: United Telecom
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MandA, Mobile
United Telecom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Oct 12, 2009 – Georgia's United Telecom plans to launch its Novus TV IPTV service in Tbilisi from October 15th, with a roll out across the whole of the country in early 2010.
News categories: United Telecom, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV
UTStarcom Awarded Contract From United Telecoms Ltd. for Broadband Network Triple Play Solution
May 8, 2008 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has been awarded a contract by United Telecoms Limited to deliver Internet Protocol TV (IPTV), bandwidth on demand and Voice over IP (VoIP) services in the state of Goa.
News categories: UTStarcom, United Telecoms, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, India, IPTV
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement