Digital TV News: Unitron
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 22, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch
Feb 24, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided its SAT>IP server software to Belgian digital TV headend manufacturer UnitronGroup for integration within its new Johansson 9830 multiswitch.
News categories: iWedia, Unitron, Hervé Creff, Stephen Deleu, Digital TV, Europe, Gateway, LNB, Middleware, Satellite, Smart Home
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Feb 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported fourth quarter results. Net revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $259.4 million, a decrease of 19% from the $321.7 million reported for the year ended December 31, 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
BSkyB deploys Entropic Channel Stacking Switch in Unitron multi-switch
Jan 6, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Unitron have announced that the Unitron Johansson multi-switch, powered by Entropic's EN5218 channel stacking switch technology, gives Sky subscribers in UK and Ireland MDUs full access to Sky+ PVR and multi-room services.
News categories: Entropic, Unitron, BSkyB, Brendan Hegarty, Willy Lamaire, Matt Rhodes, CES2022, Ireland, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
Entropic Enables Unitron Multi-Switch to Simplify European Satellite Market Installations
Jun 6, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by Unitron Group for its Johansson single cable multi-switch, the 9742.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Unitron Group, Europe, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Announces Channel Stacking Switch for Free-To-Air Satellite Market
May 19, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its next-generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by several OEMs for the large free-to-air (FTA) European satellite market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Axing, Jultec, Unitron, Wisi, ANGA COM, Digital TV, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia