Digital TV News: VOO
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
OSN joins anti-piracy Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment
Jan 12, 2023 – Dubai-based OSN has issued a statement heralding its recent decision to join the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) anti-piracy coalition. ACE currently has a total of 52 members.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, OSN Group, Jan van Voorn, Joe Kawkabani, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East
Liberty Global and Nuance expand voice-enabled TV services in the UK
Sep 8, 2022 – Liberty Global has expanded its use of Nuance Dragon TV for Virgin Media O2 customers in the United Kingdom. The expansion includes new capabilities that provide enhanced support for visually impaired customers, such as reading aloud program information.
News categories: Nuance, Liberty Global, Tony Lorentzen, Pieter Vervoort, Digital TV, Smart Home, UK, UX
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
ACT Fibernet launches OTT aggregation platform, YuppTV Scope
Aug 25, 2022 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT aggregation service with YuppTV. YuppTV Scope is a single-subscription OTT streaming platform with an extensive bouquet of live TV channels, that removes the need to access and manage multiple apps.
News categories: YuppTV, ACT Fibernet, Uday Reddy, Ravi Karthik, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Telefónica to expand Microsoft collaboration to the consumer market
Feb 28, 2022 – Telefónica has announced the expansion of its partnership with Microsoft to include initiatives in the consumer market. The initiatives contemplate the development and commercialization of new proposals and solutions for the home.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Orange Belgium to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO
Dec 24, 2021 – Orange Belgium has signed an agreement with Nethys to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO SA. With the acquisition of VOO, Orange Belgium will gain a very high-speed network in Wallonia and part of Brussels.
News categories: Orange, VOO, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Xavier Pichon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
Nov 23, 2021 – Orange Belgium has entered into exclusive negotiations with Nethys for the acquisition of 75% of the capital less one share of VOO. VOO SA is a telecoms operator that owns the cable network in the Walloon region and part of the Brussels region.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Nethys, VOO, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV