Digital TV News: VOO
Multi-play service revenue to grow at 5.4% CAGR in India
Jun 28, 2021 – Multi-play service revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2025, supported by improving fixed infrastructure in the country, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
Altimedia provides web-based middleware for VOO TV+
Feb 15, 2021 – Altimedia has announced that it has provided the web-based middleware platform used for VOO TV+, a personalized, multiscreen television experience launched by VOO on February 15th in Belgium.
News categories: Altimedia, VOO, Jungcheol Park, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
VOO TV+ UX upgraded with personalization from ContentWise
Feb 15, 2021 – VOO has selected ContentWise' experience UX automation and personalization software for its VOO TV+ linear pay TV and multiscreen VOD services. With VOO TV+, VOO creates a one-to-one and personalized relationship with its customers.
News categories: ContentWise, VOO, Paolo Bozzola, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
Cadent to automate addressable advertising for Liberty Global across Europe
Jan 5, 2021 – Cadent has announced that it has expanded its addressable linear and VOD Advertising Platform into Liberty Global's Irish footprint, Virgin Media Ireland, with its continental European markets to follow in 2021.
News categories: Cadent, Liberty Global, Keith Kryszczun, Pieter Vervoort, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Cloud TV OS launched for Smart TVs in India
Sep 9, 2020 – Indian start-up Cloud TV has introduced an OS solution for Smart TVs. Designed to facilitate control over UI/UX development, Cloud TV OS offers customization possibilities for Android-based televisions.
News categories: Cloud TV OS, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, UX
Accedo powers UI on Tata Sky Binge+ set-top box
Sep 8, 2020 – Accedo has worked with Tata Sky to develop the user interface for the Tata Sky Binge+ smart set-top box. The Android TV device delivers content from linear TV and a host of OTT apps to the television screen.
News categories: Accedo, Tata Sky, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Top 5 metros account for more than half of OTT subscribers in India
Jun 18, 2020 – According to Counterpoint Research, the Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of OTT video platform users, while Tier I cities account for another 36% of users in India. Hotstar leads the Indian OTT video content market.
News categories: Counterpoint, Hanish Bhatia, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Daiwa partners with dbx-tv for sound in 4K TVs
Jun 5, 2020 – Daiwa has launched two Smart TVs in India - its Daiwa D43QUHS (109cm) 4K UHD and D43QFS (109cm) FHD LED televisions. Daiwa also announced a partnership with dbx-tv sound technology for all its 4K TVs.
News categories: Daiwa, dbx-tv, Arjun Bajaaj, Les Tyler, Digital TV, India, Smart TV
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership