Digital TV News: VPRT
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Switzerland
Pay TV and VOD revenues in German-speaking territories passed €3 billion in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – Pay TV is continuing along its growth path, achieving new record figures across German-speaking territories. A further increase in the demand for pay-TV and paid-video-on-demand offerings is also expected for 2017.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Switzerland
Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
Oct 24, 2016 – This year, Germany’s audiovisual media will for the first time generate more than 11 billion euros in revenue. Across all the industry’s market segments, VPRT is forecasting revenue growth of 6.2 percent.
News categories: VPRT, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Pay-TV and VOD revenues to hit €3bn in German-speaking territories
Jul 21, 2016 – Pay-TV is becoming increasingly popular among German-speaking viewers, reaching new record figures in terms of numbers of programmes, usage and revenue. These are the results of a survey by VPRT in Munich.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Germany audiovisual market set to top €10 billion
Oct 21, 2015 – For the first time, the revenue generated by audiovisual media enterprises in Germany will exceed the 10 billion limit in 2015, according to the latest market forecast published by the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services in Germany (VPRT).
News categories: VPRT, Dr. Tobias Schmid, Claus Grewenig, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Pay TV booming in German-speaking territories
Jul 15, 2015 – According to the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services (VPRT), pay-TV continues to record ongoing expansion in Germany. In 2014, new record figures were reached in terms of revenues, subscribers and viewing times.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Switzerland
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Germany's pay TV revenue exceeds €2 billion in 2013
Jul 8, 2014 – According to a report released by VPRT there were 6.4 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2013 with revenue from Pay TV subscriptions and video-on-demand sales at €2.05 billion for the year.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Subscribers
6.1 million Pay TV subscribers in Germany in 2012
Jul 4, 2013 – Germany's Association of Private Broadcasting and Telemedia (VPRT) has released a report on the pay TV market in Germany. According to the study, there were 6.1 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2012.
News categories: VPRT, Cable TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying