Digital TV News: VPRT
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Switzerland
Pay TV and VOD revenues in German-speaking territories passed €3 billion in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – Pay TV is continuing along its growth path, achieving new record figures across German-speaking territories. A further increase in the demand for pay-TV and paid-video-on-demand offerings is also expected for 2017.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Switzerland
Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
Oct 24, 2016 – This year, Germany’s audiovisual media will for the first time generate more than 11 billion euros in revenue. Across all the industry’s market segments, VPRT is forecasting revenue growth of 6.2 percent.
News categories: VPRT, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Pay-TV and VOD revenues to hit €3bn in German-speaking territories
Jul 21, 2016 – Pay-TV is becoming increasingly popular among German-speaking viewers, reaching new record figures in terms of numbers of programmes, usage and revenue. These are the results of a survey by VPRT in Munich.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Germany audiovisual market set to top €10 billion
Oct 21, 2015 – For the first time, the revenue generated by audiovisual media enterprises in Germany will exceed the 10 billion limit in 2015, according to the latest market forecast published by the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services in Germany (VPRT).
News categories: VPRT, Dr. Tobias Schmid, Claus Grewenig, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Pay TV booming in German-speaking territories
Jul 15, 2015 – According to the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services (VPRT), pay-TV continues to record ongoing expansion in Germany. In 2014, new record figures were reached in terms of revenues, subscribers and viewing times.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Switzerland
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Germany's pay TV revenue exceeds €2 billion in 2013
Jul 8, 2014 – According to a report released by VPRT there were 6.4 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2013 with revenue from Pay TV subscriptions and video-on-demand sales at €2.05 billion for the year.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Subscribers
6.1 million Pay TV subscribers in Germany in 2012
Jul 4, 2013 – Germany's Association of Private Broadcasting and Telemedia (VPRT) has released a report on the pay TV market in Germany. According to the study, there were 6.1 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2012.
News categories: VPRT, Cable TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019