Digital TV News: VRT
Orange Belgium launches new generation of Android TV decoders
Mar 14, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched a new generation of Android TV decoders, introducing new features such as the integration of native apps from content providers, Chromecast capabilities and a new cloud-based multi-screen TV recording service.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Christophe Dujardin, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Telenet to add unskippable ads to TV recordings
Aug 10, 2021 – Telenet is to introduce a revised model for TV advertising in Belgium. Viewers will have to sit through one minute of unskippable adverts before any recordings they've made of VTM (DPG Media) and PLAY programmes (SBS).
News categories: Telenet, DPG Media, SBS, VRT, John Porter, Kris Vervaet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Frederik Delaplace, Advertising, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR
VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
Sep 24, 2020 – ABI Research expects the VR market to grow in 2020 despite some negative impacts from COVID-19. The pandemic, however, has accelerated some trends and increased interest and adoption of immersive technologies.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
Mar 6, 2014 – Piksel has been commissioned by VRT, Belgium's national public television broadcaster, to deliver an OTT solution supporting VOD, catch-up and live content on multiple devices.
News categories: Piksel, VRT, Tom Caljon, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
Belgacom begins roll out of TV Replay catch-up TV service
Nov 13, 2013 – Belgacom has announced the start of a test phase for its TV Replay service, which allows its TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Bruno Chauvat, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Envivio and Vinson Selected by Belgian Broadcasters for Mobile TV Services
Mar 19, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced an integration with the new Vinson mobile TV solution, and deployment of the joint solution for three broadcasters (VRT, VMMa and SBS) in Belgium.
News categories: Envivio, Vinson, Apps, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Harmonic and Nagra Team to Power the World's First Commercial MPEG-DASH OTT Multiscreen Service
Sep 7, 2012 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it has teamed up with Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) to power an innovative cloud-based OTT video service for broadcasters and pay-TV service providers offered jointly by Abertis Telecom and Nagra.
News categories: Harmonic, Nagra, Abertis Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, Middleware, Spain, Streaming
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, Streaming
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, Digital TV, Metaverse, Satellite
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023