Digital TV News: VSTV
VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
Nov 8, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV K+), the biggest satellite operator in Vietnam, has successfully deployed ATEME's TITAN video compression solution for its Direct-to-Home (DTH) services.
News categories: ATEME, VSTV, Duc Long Nguyen, Do Van Phuc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
VSTV improves QoE with Broadpeak CDN selector
Jul 18, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV) has deployed Broadpeak's umbrellaCDN CDN selector. Using umbrellaCDN, VSTV has the flexibility to select the best CDN to deliver live OTT content to subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, VSTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Nicolas Cazamayou, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam's VSTV selects Irdeto for OTT service
Apr 26, 2016 – Irdeto has been selected by K+, a premium pay TV service by Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV), to provide end-to-end multiscreen support for the launch of its first commercial over-the-top (OTT) service.
News categories: Irdeto, VSTV, Bengt Jonsson, Jacques Aymar de Roquefeuil, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam pay-TV in bloom
May 7, 2010 – Vietnam's pay-TV sector is one of the fastest developing markets in the Asia Pacific. While it is a comparatively small market, the opportunities are immense as the industry focuses on the dual subscription and advertising revenue streams.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage