Digital TV News: VSTV
VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
Nov 8, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV K+), the biggest satellite operator in Vietnam, has successfully deployed ATEME's TITAN video compression solution for its Direct-to-Home (DTH) services.
News categories: ATEME, VSTV, Duc Long Nguyen, Do Van Phuc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
VSTV improves QoE with Broadpeak CDN selector
Jul 18, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV) has deployed Broadpeak's umbrellaCDN CDN selector. Using umbrellaCDN, VSTV has the flexibility to select the best CDN to deliver live OTT content to subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, VSTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Nicolas Cazamayou, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam's VSTV selects Irdeto for OTT service
Apr 26, 2016 – Irdeto has been selected by K+, a premium pay TV service by Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV), to provide end-to-end multiscreen support for the launch of its first commercial over-the-top (OTT) service.
News categories: Irdeto, VSTV, Bengt Jonsson, Jacques Aymar de Roquefeuil, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam pay-TV in bloom
May 7, 2010 – Vietnam's pay-TV sector is one of the fastest developing markets in the Asia Pacific. While it is a comparatively small market, the opportunities are immense as the industry focuses on the dual subscription and advertising revenue streams.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product