Digital TV News: VTV
GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
Sep 26, 2016 – GatesAir has announced three wins in Vietnam. National broadcaster Vietnam Television (VTV) recently placed two orders for transmitter network expansions. The second project is specific to VTV5, a specialty channel serving ethnic minority communities.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Darren Frearson, Luong Ngoc Thanh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Broadpeak powers VTVcab OTT multiscreen services in Vietnam
May 24, 2016 – Broadpeak has announced that VTVcab, the largest pay-TV operator in Vietnam, has deployed a wide array of Broadpeak solutions to power its new OTT multiscreen services. Broadpeak's local partner TDG and FPT Information System provided system integration services.
News categories: Broadpeak, VTVcab, Jacques Le Mancq, Nam Bui Huy, Content Distribution, Mobile, Streaming, Vietnam
Kudelski Group announces its 2015 annual results
Feb 18, 2016 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2015 annual results. In 2015, the Group strengthened its position in the TV market with a series of new contracts and deployments.
News categories: NAGRA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Vietnam's VTVcab to use Envivio software for Cloud DVR services
Dec 3, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it will equip Vietnam's largest multiple system operator, Vietnam Cable Television Corporation (VTVcab) with its video compression software and network media processor and packager.
News categories: Envivio, VTVcab, Julien Signés, Nam Bui Huy, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Vietnam
NAGRA end-to-end solution selected by VTVCab of Vietnam
Sep 10, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has been selected by Vietnam largest cable operator, VTVcab, to provide VTVcab with its anyCAST content protection, OpenTV 5 HTML5 connectware, Gravity user interface and MediaLive multiscreen solutions.
News categories: NAGRA, VTVcab, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Nam Bui, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Vietnam
Kudelski reports 2015 half year results
Aug 20, 2015 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2015 half year results. The Group entered into several new contracts and completed deployments in the digital TV segment In Europe. Bundles of anyCAST security, OpenTV5 connectware and MediaLive multiscreen are seeing increasing market traction in Asia and Latin America.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VTVCab, SmarDTV and Samsung deploy Conax-certified CAM in Vietnam
Jul 20, 2015 – VTVCab, SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will bring to market a solution to provide access to VTVCab Pay TV services in Vietnam. VTVCab subscribers will then be able to enjoy content on their Samsung Cable TV model without using a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, Samsung, VTVCab, Conax, Gregory Laloy, My Nguyen, Nam Bui, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Vietnam
GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
May 18, 2015 – GatesAir is preparing Brazilian TV broadcaster Rede VTV for a full ISDB-Tb digital TV transition in advance of the country’s 2018 analogue TV shutoff. As part of the solution, systems integrator Foccus Digital is rolling out multiple GatesAir UHF transmitters.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Foccus Digital, Joseph Mack, Marcus Mansur, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T
Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
Jan 27, 2015 – Ooredoo Maldives has announced the launch of Live TV in partnership with PlayCast Maldives. PlayCast Maldives is providing the service for the first time via Ooredoo 3G+ and 4G LTE network, exclusively to Ooredoo customers.
News categories: Ooredoo, SP Sarathy, Mohamed Fayaz, Cable TV, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th