Digital TV News: Valens Semi
HDBaseT Alliance Announces Finalized Specification
Jun 29, 2010 – The HDBaseT Alliance has announced the finalization of the HDBaseT 1.0 base specification. HDBaseT allows consumers to enjoy premium content through unparalleled, uninterrupted HD distribution "’ without the tangle of cables currently required.
News categories: HDBaseT Alliance, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Home Server, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home, Smart TV
Valens Semiconductor Announces Availability of World's First HDBaseT Chipset
Dec 30, 2009 – Valens Semiconductor has announced the availability of its HDBaseT-compliant Valens VS100 chipset and development kits.
News categories: Valens, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
LG, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor to Launch HDBaseT™ Industry Alliance
Dec 15, 2009 – LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor have announced that they intend to launch a cross-industry alliance to promote and standardize the HDBaseT™ technology for whole-home distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content.
News categories: LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony Pictures, Valens Semi, HDBaseT Alliance, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Funai and Valens Semi to Demonstrate HDBaseT™ Technology at IFA
Aug 24, 2009 – Valens Semiconductor and Funai Electric will jointly demonstrate Valens's HDBaseT™ technology at IFA. Valens's VS100 chip will be activated to connect Funai's DVD Player and HD television in the booth.
News categories: Valens Semi, Funai, DVD, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Valens Semiconductor's HDBaseT™ Enables 5Play™ Convergence via a Single Cable for In-Home High Definition Connectivity
Dec 8, 2008 – Valens Semiconductor is introducing its HDBaseT™ technology, enabling a single LAN cable to replace multiple cables and connectors. HDBaseT combines uncompressed HD video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable and control signals.
News categories: Valens Semiconductor, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Valens Semiconductor Raises $7M in Series A Financing
Jul 16, 2007 – Valens Semiconductor Ltd., a developer of a chip that will enable high quality transmission of audio and video in a home networking environment, has announced the completion of a $7M series A round of equity financing.
News categories: Digital TV, Israel, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Venture Capital
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs