Digital TV News: ViacomCBS
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
ViacomCBS adds 4.3M streaming subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 4, 2021 – ViacomCBS has reported results for Q3 2021. In the quarter, global streaming subscribers rose to nearly 47 million, with 4.3 million subscribers added in the quarter. Pluto TV revenue grew 99% year-over-year.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
Oct 21, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has announced agreements with ViacomCBS to provide movies, TV series and channels, along with integration of the Paramount+ and 10 Play apps onto Foxtel STBs in 2022 for Australia.
News categories: Foxtel, ViacomCBS, Patrick Delany, Amanda Laing, Dan Cohen, Jarrod Villani, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp renews deal to use VIZIO ACR data
Oct 6, 2021 – VideoAmp and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced that VideoAmp will continue to use VIZIO's Inscape Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) data from VIZIO Smart TVs for planning, measurement and TV ad sales use cases.
News categories: VIZIO, VideoAmp, Travis Hockersmith, Nick Chakalos, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VideoAmp and ViacomCBS announce TV measurement partnership
Sep 28, 2021 – VideoAmp has announced a partnership with ViacomCBS in which it will provide the media and entertainment company with an alternative currency to plan, transact and measure national media campaigns.
News categories: VideoAmp, ViacomCBS, Ross McCray, John Halley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Wurl Analytics releases SVOD churn analysis report
Aug 31, 2021 – Wurl has formed a research division of the company, Wurl Analytics. In its first report, Wurl Analytics uncovers the financial impact of churn, both in terms of lost revenue and subscriber acquisition costs.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty Jr, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Comcast and ViacomCBS to launch 'SkyShowtime' SVOD in Europe
Aug 18, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) have announced a partnership to launch an SVOD service, named SkyShowtime, in more than 20 European territories encompassing 90 million homes.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Dana Strong, Raffaele Annecchino, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Paramount+ adds more than 6 million subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 5, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. Paramount+ provided more than 6 million additions to the company's global streaming subscription base, which now stands at over 42 million.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated