Digital TV News: Viaplay
Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
Oct 20, 2021 – 3SS has announced that Altibox has launched its next-generation TV entertainment service in Norway and Denmark. Altibox selected Technicolor STBs and the 3SS 3READY Product Framework to enable the offering.
News categories: 3SS, Technicolor, Altibox, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Nordic digital media market shows strong growth in 1H 2021
Jul 5, 2021 – According to Mediavision, 75% of all Nordic households subscribe to at least one digital media service. Video holds the highest household penetration with more than 6.5 million digital subscriptions.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Viaplay launches in the Baltics
Mar 9, 2021 – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has announced the launch of its Viaplay streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Up until now Viaplay has only been available in the Nordic countries.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Northern Waves reschedules Oslo TV conference to 2022
Feb 9, 2021 – Norigin Media has announced that the conference will not take place in Oslo in 2021. The TV technology and business conference will instead become a series of online compact conferences in the spring and autumn of 2021.
News categories: Norigin Media, Northern Waves, Ajey Anand, COVID-19, Norway, Show
Swedish streaming market sets record in 2020
Jan 27, 2021 – According to Mediavision, 2020 turned out to be a year of new records for streaming services in Sweden. More people than ever are paying for video streaming, while viewing reaches new levels.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
Dec 2, 2020 – In the past 12 months, Nordic households have signed up for close to 3 million additional streaming subscriptions, resulting in the Nordic market today boasting 13.6 million subscriptions in total.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Viaplay to be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023
Nov 10, 2020 – NENT Group's Viaplay streaming service will be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the US in 2021. By the end of 2025, NENT Group aims to increase its subscriber base to around 10.5 million.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Streaming, USA
NENT Group and Elisa to launch combined streaming service in Finland
Oct 30, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa will launch a streaming service Elisa Viihde Viaplay in Finland on 3 December. The service brings together content from Viaplay's Finnish 'Films & Series' package and Elisa's streaming service Elisa Viihde Aitio.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Kim Poder, Ani Korpela, Digital TV, Finland, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set