Digital TV News: Vikram Mehra
Tata Sky unveils plans for 4K set top box
Jul 5, 2014 – Tata Sky has announced plans to launch 4k set top boxes in India early next year. The plans were unveiled when Tata Sky showcased the first ever Live telecast with 4K technology on SONY SIX HD using a 4k set top box.
News categories: Tata Sky, Vikram Mehra, Prasana Krishnan, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky selects Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution
Oct 31, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Tata Sky has deployed the Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution, a thin-client user interface application that enables new multiscreen experiences beyond the set-top box.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Tata Sky, Sue Taylor, Vikram Mehra, Apps, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Tata Sky ushers in a new DTH chapter in India with video on demand
Dec 5, 2011 – Tata Sky is all set to introduce another first with the launch of Video on Demand (VoD). Tata Sky's VoD service will include Catch Up TV and a VoD library of movies & TV concerts for subscribers for easy download.
News categories: Tata Sky, DVR, India, Satellite
Dolby Powers HD Satellite Service with Next-Generation Surround Sound
Mar 18, 2011 – Dolby Labs (NYSE: DLB) has announced a collaboration with Tata Sky supporting Dolby® Digital Plus as the audio codec for Tata Sky+ HD. The Tata Sky+ HD PVR delivers 1080i HD picture quality with Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound.
News categories: Dolby, Tata Sky, DVR, Satellite
Tata Sky announces price of Rs 999 for hardware
Sep 15, 2010 – Tata Sky has announced the launch of an affordable price of just Rs. 999/- (22USD) for its set-top-box. The Tata Sky set-top-box will be made available across the country in all leading consumer electronic outlets.
News categories: Tata Sky, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers