Digital TV News: Vimicro
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Vimicro Announces Strategic Development Agreement with CSMBC for CMMB Mobile TV
Nov 9, 2009 – Vimicro (Nasdaq: VIMC) has announced a strategic development partnership with China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC) to advance the development of mobile TV under the China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Vimicro, CSMBC, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
Vimicro Signs Agreement with Leadcore for TD-SCDMA 3G Market
Aug 25, 2009 – Vimicro (Nasdaq: VIMC) and Leadcore (Shanghai: 600198) have agreed to cooperate on developing 3G mobile phone technologies for China Mobile. Vimicro will provide mobile multimedia technologies and solutions, including mobile TV technology.
News categories: Vimicro, Leadcore, China Mobile, 5G, China, Mobile, Semiconductor
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia