Digital TV News: Vince Vittore
Entone FusionTV Deployed at Twin Lakes Telephone
Mar 13, 2012 – Entone has announced that Twin Lakes Telephone has selected its FusionTV™ solution. Entone's FusionTV enables Twin Lakes Telephone to offer their subscribers an experience that combines live HDTV, DVR and cloud services via a single TV user interface.
News categories: Entone, Twin Lakes Telephone, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming, USA
Alcatel-Lucent introduces compact Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV solution
Jul 22, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has unveiled a turnkey, compact IPTV solution, powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, that is designed to cost-effectively support networks of between 1,000 and 100,000 set-top-boxes.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, MetroNet, Microsoft, Geeta Chaudhary, John Cinelli, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom First to Bring Virtualization to IPTV
May 27, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom with virtualization, making Mediaroom the first IPTV platform to offer virtualization support. Virtualization can deliver up to a sixfold reduction in the number of physical servers required.
News categories: Microsoft, Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Royce Aslakson, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Yankee Group Says IPTV Will Be the Game-Changer for Subscription Services
Mar 1, 2008 – Yankee Group has announced that IPTV will change the competitive landscape for subscription services. By 2011, more than 9 million households in the US will subscribe to telco-provided video service.
News categories: Yankee Group, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform