Digital TV News: Vince Vittore
Entone FusionTV Deployed at Twin Lakes Telephone
Mar 13, 2012 – Entone has announced that Twin Lakes Telephone has selected its FusionTV™ solution. Entone's FusionTV enables Twin Lakes Telephone to offer their subscribers an experience that combines live HDTV, DVR and cloud services via a single TV user interface.
News categories: Entone, Twin Lakes Telephone, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming, USA
Alcatel-Lucent introduces compact Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV solution
Jul 22, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has unveiled a turnkey, compact IPTV solution, powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, that is designed to cost-effectively support networks of between 1,000 and 100,000 set-top-boxes.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, MetroNet, Microsoft, Geeta Chaudhary, John Cinelli, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom First to Bring Virtualization to IPTV
May 27, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom with virtualization, making Mediaroom the first IPTV platform to offer virtualization support. Virtualization can deliver up to a sixfold reduction in the number of physical servers required.
News categories: Microsoft, Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Royce Aslakson, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Yankee Group Says IPTV Will Be the Game-Changer for Subscription Services
Mar 1, 2008 – Yankee Group has announced that IPTV will change the competitive landscape for subscription services. By 2011, more than 9 million households in the US will subscribe to telco-provided video service.
News categories: Yankee Group, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle