Digital TV News: VisualOn
Stofa selects VisualOn QoS for multiscreen OTT
Jun 8, 2016 – VisualOn has announced that Stofa has selected the company to provide its WebTV OTT Player with the ability to manage QOS on end-point devices using its VisualOn OnStream® Analytics software.
News categories: VisualOn, Stofa, Andy Lin, Thomas Helbo, Cable TV, Denmark, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
INSIDE Secure and VisualOn partner to secure OTT playback
Apr 6, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) and VisualOn have announced that they are partnering to provide a secure multimedia player SDK to allow the development and rollout of video applications, supporting the most popular DRM systems, across all OTT platforms.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, VisualOn, Andrew McLennan, Andy Lin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
Apr 21, 2015 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Slovenije has selected Viaccess-Orca's Connected Sentinel Player to support its new OTT multiscreen platform TViN. Through the Connected Sentinel Player, operators and content providers can securely deliver OTT services to a wide range of connected devices.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Slovenije, Chem Assagyag, Simon Furlan, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Slovenia, TV Everywhere
VisualOn adopts V-Nova video compression technology
Apr 7, 2015 – VisualOn and V-Nova have announced a collaboration on video streaming based on V-Nova's PERSEUS video compression technology. The partnership provides compression gains by integrating PERSEUS with VisualOn's OnStream MediaPlayer+.
News categories: V-Nova, VisualOn, Guido Meardi, Andy Lin, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Deutsche Glasfaser selects Verimatrix for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to provide revenue security for its linear TV, radio, VOD and multiscreen services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IBC2022, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
VisualOn HEVC decoder for LG Uplus mobile streaming service
Apr 28, 2014 – VisualOn, has announced that LG Uplus' new mobile streaming service for Android, U+HDTV, will feature VisualOn's HEVC (or H.265) decoder, to deliver the latest standard in high-quality video for consumers in the Korean market.
News categories: VisualOn, LG Uplus, Andy Lin, Joon Dong Park, Apps, Digital TV, Korea, Media Player, Mobile
VisualOn powers TVB.COM's Android apps in Hong Kong
Mar 13, 2014 – VisualOn has announced TVB.COM as a customer. VisualOn powers TVB.COM's mobile apps, GOTV and myTV on the Android platform. TVB.COM can now provide its Hong Kong customers with video streaming on-the-go.
News categories: VisualOn, TVB.COM, Andy Lin, Kenneth Wong, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, TV Everywhere
VisualOn integrates HEVC with LG G2 smartphones
Sep 12, 2013 – VisualOn has announced the debut of high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) on LG G2 smartphones. VisualOn's HEVC (or H.265) solution has been implemented in LG's new G2 smartphones to deliver the latest standard in high-quality video for consumers.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Dr. Chris Roh, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, TV Everywhere
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 – Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
- Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
- Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
- New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads