Digital TV News: VisualOn
Thomson Video Networks' MultiScreen Video Solution is First to Embrace HEVC Compression Standard
Apr 3, 2013 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its industry-leading ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen video encoding/transcoding system now provides support for the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression standard for live and offline applications.
News categories: Thomson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, TV Services
VisualOn Integrates MPEG-DASH at the Cable Show 2012
May 21, 2012 – VisualOn has announced that it has incorporated MPEG-DASH into the company's mobile media player, OnStream MediaPlayer+. MPEG-DASH provides a solution for content providers to unify their content delivery approach across a broad range of devices.
News categories: VisualOn, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
VisualOn Integrates On2 VP6 Video Into Mobile Multimedia Applications
Mar 25, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has licensed its On2 VP6® video format and software to VisualOn. VisualOn will optimize and integrate VP6 decoding software into its multimedia application suite for mobile platforms.
News categories: On2, VisualOn, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
VisualOn Announces Multimedia Software Solution for Texas Instruments OMAP35x Applications Processors
Oct 9, 2008 – VisualOn has announced software for TI (NYSE:TXN) OMAP35x application processors. The software supports essential functions needed to enable video for ARM-based applications, with support for larger screen sizes and higher resolution video.
News categories: VisualOn, Texas Instruments, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
Discretix, VisualOn And Axel Technologies Offer Joint Mobile TV Solution
Feb 4, 2008 – Three prominent names in the mobile handset software space -- embedded security solutions leader Discretix, multimedia application provider VisualOn, and mobile TV middleware developer Axel Technologies -- have partnered to provide a pre-integrated Mobile TV solution for handset OEMs.
News categories: Discretix, Axel Technologies, VisualOn, CAM, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, MWC22
Axel and Siano Cut DVB-H Channel Switching Time Down to 2 Seconds
Sep 25, 2007 – Axel Technologies and Siano Mobile Silicon have announced a comprehensive platform for DVB-H terminals, with record-fast channel switching time of even less than 2 seconds. The platform will be demonstrated in a mobile phone at the Informa DVB-H conference in London, September 26-27.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Axel Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
S3 Integrates the VisualOn Mobile TV Player on GIGABYTE GSmart T600
Sep 6, 2007 – Silicon and Software Systems (S3) and VisualOn have announced that S3 has integrated its onHandTV™ client with VisualOn's Mobile TV solution onto a number of devices including the GIGABYTE GSmart T600.
News categories: Digital TV, DTMB, IBC2022, ISDB-T, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
VisualOn collaborates with AMD to bring exceptional video and audio to AMD enabled DVB-H Mobile TV handsets
Jan 29, 2007 – Mobile TV is the application both consumers and carriers are waiting for. VisualOn is able to fulfill the requirements of next generation technologies like Mobile TV, with a solution that now works seamlessly with AMD (NYSE: AMD) ImageonTV DVB-H/T demodulators.
News categories: VisualOn, AMD, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV