Digital TV News: Vivante
VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
Mar 1, 2021 – VeriSilicon (688521.SH) has announced that its VC9000 and VIP9400 in combination now offer AI Video processing, real-time AI video content analysis, scene-based video encoding, and AI pixel enhancements.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Wei-Jin Dai, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
Swisscom offers Marvell-based Ultra HD Android IPTV STBs
Sep 16, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has expanded its partnership with Swisscom to launch a new line of Ultra HD (UHD) Android IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Peter Fregelius, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Marvell adds 4K UltraHD SoC to ARMADA 1500 family
Sep 10, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that it has extended its ARMADA 1500 family of SoCs. The ARMADA 1500 PRO features an Ultra HD-capable video processor, 12K DMIPs quad-core ARM CPU, Verimatrix security and 3D graphics.
News categories: Marvell, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Marvell launches quad-core ARMADA 1500 PRO Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has unveiled the ARMADA® 1500 PRO (88DE3114) a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, CES2022, Digital TV, DRM, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vivante GPU Powers Leading Smart TV Platforms
Jan 11, 2012 – Vivante has announced that it has been selected to power the Marvell® (NASDAQ: MRVL) ARMADA® 1500 Media SoC. Products showcasing the ARMADA 1500 can be seen in the Marvell booth at CES in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
News categories: Vivante, Marvell, CES2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Vivante Momentum Continues in the GPU Market with 40 Licensees
Dec 28, 2010 – Vivante has announced that the company has marked major milestones in 2010. The product milestones include a cumulative 40 companies licensing Vivante GPU cores; and multiple customers having integrated Vivante's GPUs into products launching in 2011.
News categories: Vivante, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting