Digital TV News: Vivek Khemka
DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
Dec 17, 2014 – DISH has become the first major pay-TV provider in the U.S. to integrate the Netflix app into its set-top box. The app gives customers the ability to stream Netflix movies and TV shows from the same platform used to access their linear TV channels.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH first with NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND pay TV security
Sep 12, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that DISH Network will be the first customer to deploy NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND, NAGRA’s new security technology that defeats popular forms of piracy like control word sharing and paves the way for ultra-secure 4K services.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, Maurice van Riek, Vivek Khemka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
DISH eliminates wire clutter with Wireless Joey
Jun 23, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced its Wireless Joey™ system which gives consumers the ability to watch TV virtually anywhere in and around the home without the need for wiring. The small client connects wirelessly to the Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR using a dedicated 802.11ac access point.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
DISH Super Joey network tuner add-on released
Mar 13, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that an add-on to its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR platform is available, adding two network tuners to the Hopper's three native tuners, allowing a household to record up to eight shows simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH Network unveils Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR enhancements
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has unveiled a slate of enhancements to its Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform that extend the reach of the Hopper experience into the home and improve the overall user experience.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Joseph P. Clayton, Vivek Khemka, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
DISH Anywhere app integrates Hopper transfers for Android, iPad and iPhone
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has upgraded its DISH Anywhere™ app to integrate the Hopper Transfers™ feature to both iOS and Android phones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, Vivek Khemka, Eric Anderson, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH opens Hopper DVR platform to select mobile app developers
Jul 16, 2013 – In a move designed to deliver new customer experiences and to spur innovation among smartphone and tablet app developers, DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has opened its third-party application programming interface (API) to developers.
News categories: DISH Network, Thuuz, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.