Digital TV News: Vodacom
Vodacom adds lower-priced ShowMax option for mobile customers
Feb 9, 2017 – ShowMax has launched a lower-priced service available exclusively to Vodacom customers on an add-to-bill basis. For R49 per month, subscribers get unlimited access to a comprehensive catalogue of TV shows, movies, kids shows, and documentaries.
News categories: ShowMax, Vodacom, Chris Savides, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, South Africa
Vodafone launches Webbox - a plug and play keyboard, bringing internet to your TV
Feb 11, 2011 – Vodafone (LSE: VOD, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced the launch of the Vodafone Webbox, the first device of its kind, bringing affordable internet access to a customer's existing television set, just by plugging in a keyboard.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv Mobile on Cellphones, PCs and Tablets
Nov 23, 2010 – MultiChoice South Africa (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the launch of its Mobile TV broadcasting service, DStv Mobile. DStv Mobile can be accessed on a DVB-H enabled cellphone or via MultiChoice's newly introduced Mobile TV decoder, the Drifta.
News categories: MultiChoice, DStv, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa
Multichoice launches DStv MOBILE on Vodafone live!
Jul 27, 2010 – DStv MOBILE (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a streaming Mobile TV service on Vodafone live!, the multimedia portal of Vodacom (JSE: VOD). Subscribers are able to view 11 channels and a wide range of on-demand video clips.
News categories: DStv, Vodacom, MultiChoice, 5G, Mobile, South Africa
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
ROK adds Warid Telecom to it's Deployment of Streamed Mobile TV
Sep 11, 2007 – ROK Entertainment Group has announced that it has reached agreement with Pakistan mobile operator, Warid Telecom, to provide streamed mobile TV over Warid's existing 2.5G network.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Warid Telecom, Mobile, Pakistan
CyberFund, Inc. Announces That ROK Powers Vodacom Live and On-Demand Mobile TV Service
Sep 5, 2007 – CyberFund, Inc. (OTCBB:CYFD) has announced that Vodacom, South Africa's leading cellular network with more than 24 million customers, is launching "MobileTVPlaya", its live and on-demand multi-channel mobile TV service, streamed over 2.5G GPRS cellphones.
News categories: Mobile, South Africa
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th