Digital TV News: Vodafone Portugal
Vodafone Portugal launches smartwatch TV service
Sep 4, 2015 – Vodafone Portugal has become the first television operator in the world to launch a TV service using a smartwatch. The service allows a customer to watch live TV on their wrist. Initially, the service is only available for the Sony SmartWatch 3.
News categories: Vodafone, Sony, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Portugal, TV Everywhere
Vodafone Portugal launches first 4K (UHD) television channel
Jul 1, 2015 – Vodafone Portugal has announced that it is now is offering a 4K (Ultra HD) television channel to its TV-over-fibre customers. Initially, Vodafone Portugal will start 4K/UHD broadcasts of the FunBox 4K UHD channel.
News categories: Vodafone, SPI International, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal
Portugal's Digital Television Migration Monitoring Group issues final report
Nov 8, 2012 – The final report has been released on the process of transition in Portugal from analogue to digital terrestrial television public broadcasting. The report was prepared by the country's Digital Television Migration Monitoring Group.
News categories: ANACOM, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden, UK, USA
Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Oct 5, 2011 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. Nearly 40 TV and entertainment providers will begin rolling out entertainment services to consoles, in more than 20 countries.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
Vodafone Portugal Casa TV now available on Xbox 360
Dec 16, 2009 – Vodafone (London:VOD), in partnership with Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), is offering the Vodafone Portugal Casa TV digital television service on the Xbox 360 console.
News categories: Vodafone, Microsoft, Xbox, António Margato, Ted Malone, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Alcatel-Lucent provides Vodafone Portugal IPTV details
Sep 21, 2009 – The Vodafone (London:VOD) 'Casa TV' IPTV service in Portugal re-uses the network architecture developed with Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) for providing broadband and voice services. The middleware and DRM are Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) products.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Vodafone, Gianluca Baini, Jorge Bento, Christine Heckart, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Portugal
Vodafone Portugal launches IPTV
Jul 17, 2009 – Vodafone (London:VOD) has launched its 'Vodafone Casa TV' IPTV offering in Portugal, with more than 100 channels including eight in high definition. Personal video recording is offered as part of the service.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Portugal
Alcatel-Lucent passes market adoption milestone with 50 customers for its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA)
Jan 17, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced the broad acceptance of its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA) with 50 service providers worldwide now having selected or deployed the industry-leading blue print architecture.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Content Distribution, IPTV
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV