Digital TV News: Volvo
Prime Video and YouTube coming to Volvo cars
Sep 13, 2023 – Volvo is adding Prime Video to Google Play for download in all of its car markets where Google apps and services are available. YouTube is also coming soon to Volvo cars with Google built-in.
News categories: Volvo, Erik Severinson, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
TOGGO & 3SS launch kids video app on Android Automotive OS
Jul 26, 2023 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that SUPER RTL Fernsehen has launched the world's first kids-only native video app on Android Automotive OS, with a UI/UX engineered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, SUPER RTL Fernsehen, Tomasz Dzikowski, Robert Dube, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2023, In-Car, Streaming
3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
Oct 6, 2022 – 3SS and P3 have announced that they are co-developing an in-car infotainment system that includes an on-the-go video entertainment UX powering all in-car displays built on Google’s Android Automotive OS.
News categories: 3SS, P3 Digital Services, Adnan Ertural, Marius Mailat, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
Volvo cars to get video streaming on Android Automotive later this year
Apr 7, 2022 – All new Volvo car models are now available with OTA software update capability. Owners will see their infotainment upgraded to a newer version of Android Automotive, with access to more app categories on Google Play including video streaming later this year.
News categories: Volvo, Henrik Green, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
DISH Media enables Volvo to target ads across both DISH and Sling TV
Sep 13, 2017 – DISH Media Sales has announced its first cross-platform addressable ad campaign, which enabled Volvo Cars to target TV viewers across DISH and Sling TV with a single buy. The campaign, executed through media agency Mindshare, allowed Volvo Cars to reach four segments of luxury car enthusiasts across both platforms.
News categories: DISH Media Sales, Volvo, Brian Norris, Kevin Corcoran, Advertising, USA
Volvo and Ericsson developing intelligent media streaming for self-driving cars
Jan 4, 2016 – At CES 2016, Volvo revealed that it is developing intelligent, high bandwidth, streaming capabilities with its technology partner, Ericsson, that will ensure drivers and passengers get the most out of their time travelling in an autonomous Volvo.
News categories: Volvo, Ericsson, Anders Tylman, Claes Herlitz, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
342 million Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems to ship between 2015 and 2020
Apr 13, 2015 – According to ABI Research, Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems will exhibit a CAGR of 33.8% over the next 5 years, with a rapid expansion in connected navigation and in-car Wi-Fi driving growth.
News categories: ABI Research, James Hodgson, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
NXP, iBiquity Drive Multi-Standard Digital Terrestrial Radio in Cars
Dec 11, 2007 – NXP Semiconductors has introduced a multi-standard digital terrestrial radio solution for high-quality analog and digital radio for in-car entertainment, anywhere in the world.
News categories: NXP, iBiquity Digital, CES2023, DRM, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC