Digital TV News: WHUT
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LTN Global, with Pearl TV and WHUT, powers NEXTGEN TV in Washington DC
Dec 16, 2021 – LTN Global has announced that it has worked closely with Howard University’s WHUT and the Pearl TV consortium to support the launch of the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative project in Washington D.C.
News categories: LTN Global, Pearl TV, WHUT, Malik Khan, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
Washington, D.C. to be Mobile Television Consumer Showcase
Apr 20, 2009 – At the 2009 NAB Show, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that Washington, D.C. has been selected as a product showcase market for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia