Digital TV News: Waoo
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Waoo takes TV Authentication and Analytics to the Cloud with Verimatrix
Apr 15, 2020 – Waoo has selected content security and analytics from Verimatrix (Paris: VMX). The lower capital investment and faster time-to-market of the SaaS services will provide Waoo with competitive advantage in the Danish market.
News categories: Verimatrix, Waoo, Asaf Ashkenazi, Ole Ørndrup, Big Data, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV
Waoo! launches 4K TV box with built-in Netflix
Jan 6, 2016 – Waoo!, the company set up to market the fibre-access networks of Denmark’s largest energy companies, has announced the introduction of a 4K TV set with built-in Netflix support.
News categories: Waoo!, AirTies, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2013 results
Jan 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2013 financial results. The company ended 2013 with over 44 million members with higher domestic net additions than in 2012 and growing international success.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, DVD, Europe, Latin America, North America, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA
AirTies integrates Netflix with IPTV for Denmark's Waoo!
Jan 6, 2014 – AirTies has announced that it has integrated Netflix with an IPTV service for Danish fibre broadband provider Waoo! AirTies has developed the first set-top box to allow subscribers to view Netflix’s services alongside IPTV.
News categories: AirTies, Waoo!, Netflix, Joergen Stensgaard, Bulent Celebi, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Waoo! Selects RGB Networks' Video Multiprocessing Gateway and TransAct Packager for Delivery of Over-the-Top Video Service
Aug 30, 2011 – RGB Networks has announced that Waoo!, a Danish broadband provider, has selected and deployed RGB's Video Multiprocessing Gateway (VMG™) and TransAct Packager to provide a complete transcoding and packaging solution for its new OTT video service.
News categories: RGB Networks, Waoo!, Content Distribution, Denmark, IPTV, OTT
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX