Digital TV News: Warner Bros. Discovery
Warner Bros. Discovery unveils video product suite for advertisers
May 17, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery has announced WBD Stream, a digital video product offering advertisers access to the most popular and premium content in Warner Bros. Discovery's portfolio.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Jim Keller, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery adds more measurement & attribution partners
May 11, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery U.S Ad Sales has announced partnerships with 605, ABCS Insights, DISQO, EDO, LoopMe and Pilotly to further demonstrate ad campaign effectiveness across its platforms.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.6 million DTC subscribers in 1Q 2023
May 5, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Direct-to-Consumer subscribers totalled 97.6 million at period-end, up 1.6 million versus the end of Q4 2022.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Amagi powers FAST channels at Estrella Media
Apr 17, 2023 – Amagi has expanded its partnership with Estrella Media to streamline the ingest segmentation, creation, distribution, and monetization of Estrella's FAST channels.
News categories: Amagi, Estrella Media, Srinivasan KA, René Santaella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
Mar 28, 2023 – Comscore has expanded 'Pulse' within its TV measurement solution, providing agencies, brands and media companies with 48-hour TV measurement nationally and in all 210 U.S. media markets.
News categories: Comscore, Carol Hinnant, Jackie Lynch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.1 million DTC subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022. Global DTC subscribers increased 1.1 million to 96.1 million at the end of Q4 versus 95.0 million subscribers at the end of Q3.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Amagi to distribute CJ ENM content to OTT platforms in the USA
Feb 27, 2023 – CJ ENM has chosen Amagi to distribute its content to OTT platforms in the U.S., including Peacock and The Roku Channel. The partnership leverages Amagi's CLOUDPORT technology for channel creation and distribution.
News categories: Amagi, CJ ENM, Srinivasan KA, Jang-Ho Seo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
Feb 7, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced Magnite Streaming. Magnite Streaming empowers media owners to maximize the value of their assets across live and VOD inventory, CTV and OTT, and addressable linear.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Evan Adlman, Andrew Tint, Travis Hockersmith, Jill Steinhauser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
Jan 31, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Warner Bros. Discovery have inked a deal to bring Warner Bros. branded FAST channels to The Roku Channel. The channels will arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Holmes, David Decker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward