Digital TV News: Warner Bros. Discovery
VideoAmp and Warner Bros. Discovery agree audience measurement deal
Jan 3, 2023 – VideoAmp has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Discovery to measure cross-screen campaigns across the global media and entertainment company's portfolio of sports, news, lifestyle, and premium entertainment brands.
News categories: VideoAmp, Warner Bros. Discovery, Ross McCray, Andrea Zapata, Ralph Pardo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
Dec 1, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery and DIRECTV have announced that discovery+ is now available to DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM customers, giving customers access to the full 70,000+ episode library of discovery+ content.
News categories: DIRECTV, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Thun, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 2.8 million DTC subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 3, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. Total DTC subscribers were 94.9 million, an increase of 2.8 million global subscribers since the end of Q2. Global DTC ARPU was $7.52.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
Aug 15, 2022 – KPN has announced that, from September, its customers will be able to add an HBO Max subscription to their KPN Internet, TV or Mobile subscription, making HBO Max available to 3.6 million Dutch households.
News categories: KPN, Warner Bros. Discovery, HBO Max, Jochem de Jong, Guillaume Coffin, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
Aug 8, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery and DISH Network have announced that discovery+ will be available to both SLING TV and DISH TV customers. The platform launched 70,000+ episodes of premium content on SLING starting August 8 followed by DISH on August 25.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, SLING TV, DISH Network, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Gary Schanman, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Professional Triathletes Organisation to launch D2C platform with Endeavor Streaming
Jul 19, 2022 – The Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO) has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to launch PTO+. The OTT platform will launch as a free service aimed at maximizing audience engagement for the PTO's flagship events.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, Professional Triathletes Organisation, Pete Bellamy, Tim Godfrey, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server