Digital TV News: Watcho
Dish TV India adds 47,000 subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 24, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for its fourth quarter fiscal 2019 (to end-March 2019). The company added 47 thousand subscribers net during the quarter, to close with a subscriber base of 23.7 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Dish TV India adds 142,000 subscribers in 4Q 2018
Feb 5, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported third quarter fiscal 2019 results. The company added 142 thousand net new subscribers during the period to give a closing subscriber base of 23.6 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Amazon Launches Commercial-free, Instant Streaming of More Than 5,000 Movies and TV Shows
Feb 22, 2011 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced the launch of a new benefit for Amazon Prime members: unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of more than 5,000 movies and TV shows.
News categories: Amazon.com, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV