Digital TV News: WeCast
WeTek integrates XroadMedia discovery and recommendations
Sep 4, 2019 – WeTek and XroadMedia have announced that Ncanto, XroadMedia’s content discovery and recommendations solution, is being integrated into all WeTek solutions, namely WeCast and all of the company's Android TV Operator Tier developments.
News categories: WeTek, XroadMedia, Hugo Condesa, Adolf Proidl, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, UX, Worldwide
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
WeTek develops streaming service for children with TV4You
Nov 3, 2017 – At the next Web Summit in Lisbon, WeTek will unveil PlayTimeTV, a streaming service for children developed in partnership with the Portuguese content provider TV4You. The service is based on WeTek’s OVP platform - WeCast.
News categories: WeTek, TV4You, Hugo Condesa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
WeCast shows Android TV STB boasting 4G and IoT features at IBC 2017
Sep 6, 2017 – WeCast will be demonstrating its IPTV/OTT end-to-end solution at IBC alongside set-top boxes powered by Android TV boasting 4G and IoT capabilities. The new devices developed by its parent company - WeTek - will be available as OEM complements for WeCast’s solution as well as to the general public.
News categories: WeCast, Zlatan Brdaric, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
WeTek provides STBs for Triple-C IPTV in partnership with Vonetize
Apr 28, 2017 – Triple-C is launching SMART, an IPTV service for the Israeli market, with WeTek providing customized set-top boxes fully adapted to both Triple C’s network and Vonetize’s content distribution service.
News categories: WeTek, Vonetize, Triple-C, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
WeCast adds BI module and multi-ad provider support to its IPTV/OTT solution
Mar 29, 2017 – WeCast has presented its advanced Business Intelligence module and multi-ad provider integration as two of the major developments for its white-label multi-screen IPTV/OTT solution, at CabSat 2017 in Dubai.
News categories: WeCast, Ana Costa, Advertising, CABSAT, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform