Digital TV News: Widevine
Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
Jul 9, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Flynet, an ISP in El Salvador, is using its multi-DRM for content protection. Using the solution, Flynet can securely deliver live OTT channels to subscribers on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Flynet, Carlos Ramos, Alexander Gomez, Digital TV, DRM, El Salvador, OTT
Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
Jul 8, 2020 – Safaricom has launched an Android TV box as part of a strategy to bring its fibre service to more homes. The box equips any TV with the capability to stream content from YouTube, Netflix and other Android TV apps.
News categories: Safaricom, Ematic, Peter Ndegwa, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Kenya, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SonyLIV selects Intertrust's cloud-based multi-DRM
May 6, 2020 – Intertrust’s cloud-based multi-DRM service, ExpressPlay DRM, has been selected by SonyLIV to protect content streaming and downloads on all devices. The partnership covers all channels and entertainment programming on the SonyLIV platform.
News categories: Intertrust, SonyLIV, Talal G. Shamoon, Manish Verma, Digital TV, DRM, India, OTT
Intertrust and Fastly integrate to protect Direct-to-Consumer streaming
Apr 21, 2020 – Intertrust has announced an integrated solution with edge cloud platform provider Fastly (NYSE:FSLY). The partnership incorporates Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM, a multi-DRM cloud service, with Fastly’s on-the-fly packaging (OTFP) service.
News categories: Intertrust, Fastly, Kenny Huang, Lee Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software
Mar 18, 2020 – TV3 Group (former known as All Media Baltics) has launched its Go3 OTT service in the Baltic region. The Go3 platform is based on technology developed by Atende Software. Atende Software’s also developed the user interface.
News categories: Atende Software, TV3 Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Baltics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX
Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy
Feb 5, 2020 – Intertrust and Friend MTS have announced an extended partnership agreement that enhances Intertrust's ExpressPlay content protection platform with cutting-edge Friend MTS anti-piracy and watermarking technology services.
News categories: Intertrust, Friend MTS, Ali Hodjat, Simon Hanna, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
Nov 14, 2019 – BuyDRM has announced that Rakuten Viki has chosen the KeyOS MultiKey Service to secure the delivery of premium content on the Viki.com platform. Rakuten Viki’s users will receive DRM license keys to playback content from the MultiKey Service platform.
News categories: BuyDRM, Viki, Christopher Levy, Omkiran Sharma, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic