Digital TV News: Wuaki
SoftAtHome powers Orange Spain's new 4K set-top
Sep 14, 2017 – SoftAtHome has announced that it is powering Orange Spain's new set-top box. The box enables customers to enjoy the best image quality in 4K for premium live content, plus also content-on-demand and a Videoclub catalogue.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain
Telecable and Sagemcom launch 4K Android TV set-top
Sep 13, 2017 – Telecable has launched its Android TV 4K tedi set-top box, designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The set-top box, integrating the latest cutting-edge technologies, gives access to a complete TV and multimedia entertainment offer.
News categories: Sagemcom, Telecable, Olivier Taravel, Aitor Markaida, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain
Samsung and Wuaki expand 4K HDR availability in Europe
Apr 4, 2017 – Samsung and Rakuten Wuaki have announced the expanded availability of Samsung’s TV PLUS service at MIPTV in Cannes. With this announcement, Rakuten Wuaki, partnered with Samsung, becomes the first VOD service to sell newly released, premium 4K HDR movies across Europe.
News categories: Samsung, Wuaki, Heeman Lee, Jacinto Roca, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
Freesat launches live audience measurement service
Aug 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK’s subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a live audience measurement service showing viewing behaviour in real time. The service runs on an audience attribution platform developed by TVbeat.
News categories: Freesat, TVbeat, Alistair Thom, Robert Farazin, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Number of homes with Freesat remains steady at 1.93 million
May 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has reported a solid start to 2016. The number of homes connected to Freesat by both satellite and broadband is up by 54% year-on-year.
News categories: Freesat, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
EE Film Club launches in the UK with Wuaki
Mar 18, 2015 – EE has announced that all new and existing customers – on EE, Orange, T-Mobile and broadband plans – will have access to a blockbuster film rental every week for just £1 with leading digital entertainment streaming service Wuaki.tv.
News categories: EE, Wuaki.tv, Pippa Dunn, Vincent Petersen, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Wuaki.tv integrates Civolution forensic watermarking
Dec 9, 2014 – Civolution and Wuaki.tv have announced the integration and deployment of Civolution’s content protection technology NexGuard, which is enabling Wuaki.tv to roll out session-based watermarking for Ultra HD movies.
News categories: Civolution, Wuaki.tv, Alex Terpstra, Jordi Miró, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Streaming, Watermarking
EE TV HbbTV service launches in the UK
Oct 8, 2014 – UK communications company, EE, has launched a TV service. EE TV works with home TVs, tablets and smartphones, allowing customers to access live and recorded Freeview, On Demand and Catch up across multiple devices.
News categories: EE Limited, Olaf Swantee, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, UK
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform