Digital TV News: XPAND
LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
Feb 3, 2023 – LG has announced the availability of the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit on its webOS Hub. There are now 200 partners working on the webOS smart TV platform including Seiki, Eko, Stream System, Konka, Aiwa and Hyundai.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apple, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
Feb 1, 2023 – Huawei is collaborating with stc tv to bring digital entertainment to the MENA region. The stc tv streaming service aggregates content from partners including STARZPLAY, discovery+, Wide Khaliji, Cartoon Network, Boomerang & more.
News categories: Intigral, Huawei, stc tv, Peter Mrkic, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming
Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
Feb 1, 2023 – Digiturk has strengthened its partnership with Irdeto, expanding the portfolio of Irdeto products and services currently used by deploying Irdeto’s integrated 360 Video Security Services to protect its premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Digiturk, Richard Frankland, Hatice Memiguven, Content Protection, Digital TV, Turkey
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
Feb 1, 2023 – The rapid evolution of the market towards standardized set-top boxes based on Android TV should allow Netgem to completely withdraw from the sale of access equipment and the associated working capital requirements.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
Jan 27, 2023 – Qwilt has announced that J:COM has transformed its video delivery network using Qwilt's Open Caching solution, boosting its network capacity and improving delivery of live streaming, VoD and media applications.
News categories: Qwilt, J:COM, Alon Maor, Jiro Inoue, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
Jan 25, 2023 – Disney Advertising and EDO have entered into an agreement to apply EDO's engagement metrics to Disney’s streaming footprint, starting with Hulu. As a result, advertisers will get greater insight into how Disney's content is performing.
News categories: EDO, Disney Advertising, Edward Norton, Danielle Brown, Michael Piner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars