Digital TV News: Yahoo!
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
Sep 22, 2021 – Following Ross Video's recent withdrawal from NAB Show 2021 and the subsequent cancellation of the in-person event, Ross have announced that they will not be participating in IBC's physical 2021 exhibition.
News categories: Ross Video, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
DistroScale enters streaming TV space with free live, linear and VOD service
Feb 4, 2019 – DistroScale is launching DistroTV, a streaming OTT service for globally-minded viewers in the US, Canada and UK with a broad range of live, linear and VOD formats. DistroTV is free to consumers and is available via Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
News categories: DistroScale, DistroTV, Navdeep Saini, Teresa Kirilova, Juan Solera, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
PlayOn Cloud app allows Netflix, HBO NOW, Amazon Video recording
Nov 10, 2016 – MediaMall Technologies has launched its PlayOn Cloud service and iOS app, which allows users to record movies and TV shows from streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu and HBO NOW for offline viewing on an iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac.
News categories: PlayOn, Jeff Lawrence, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Yahoo introduces Yahoo View in partnership with Hulu
Aug 8, 2016 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) has announced the launch of Yahoo View, a site where viewers can watch episodes of TV shows and go beyond the episode with clips, recaps and the best of Tumblr fandom. Yahoo View is an extension of Yahoo's distribution partnership with Hulu.
News categories: Yahoo!, Hulu, Jess Lee, Phil Lynch, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
55% of U.S. OTT services are subscription-only
Jul 19, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced new data showing that 55% of OTT services in the U.S. have a subscription-only business model, such as Netflix or Hulu. In Canada, 50% of OTT services offer subscription-only services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Ruby-Ren Bond, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Yahoo! to kill Smart TV product
Feb 2, 2016 – Yahoo! (YHOO) has announced a strategic plan to simplify the company. As part of the plan, Yahoo will exit some legacy products, including Smart TV which has not met growth expectations.
News categories: Yahoo!, Digital TV, Smart TV
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023